Too Old? To Be Get Back Started

no1harts

Hi Guys,

Ive just started riding again Today, if you read my "Hello" Thread ul see it wasnt the best start as i split my head open :(.

I was just woundering how old Riders are and if im too Old to start Riding again and get to a good level.

Im 24 and havnt riden in 8 years i wasnt the best rider although i was far from begginer level. Id like to get good again as id love my son to start the sport (he's only 2 lol)

So How old are you guys?? i seem to think all the kids these days are 14/18 that i see on my travels.

Simon, PS Please Vote ME!

Hey man, good to have you back!

You're never too old, there's a few guys on here in their 40s - Ashton, Hans etc are all getting on a fair bit and still shredding too!

Just do it, age is no excuse ;)

EDIT; 24!? that's still well young, loads of my best riding mates are around that age/ only a year or two off!

Edited by Skoze

Hi Guys,

Ive just started riding again Today, if you read my "Hello" Thread ul see it wasnt the best start as i split my head open :(.

I was just woundering how old Riders are and if im too Old to start Riding again and get to a good level.

Im 24 and havnt riden in 8 years i wasnt the best rider although i was far from begginer level. Id like to get good again as id love my son to start the sport (he's only 2 lol)

So How old are you guys?? i seem to think all the kids these days are 14/18 that i see on my travels.

I know of riders aged 30,40,46 etc etc the world champion Kenny Belaey is 26, your no way too old to start the sport!

Hey man, good to have you back!

You're never too old, there's a few guys on here in their 40s - Ashton, Hans etc are all getting on a fair bit and still shredding too!

Just do it, age is no excuse ;)

EDIT; 24!? that's still well young, loads of my best riding mates are around that age/ only a year or two off!

Cool thats good to Hear, Dosnt help im a lone rider at present, so need some riding buddys......i Also think when i was younger risk wasnt a word i was famillier with. but now im a HGV driver messing up will be costly, Im lucky i smashed my head on a weekend and that wont hapen again as im going to get a helmet.

Are you kidding me? 24!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude your only 24, think about it for a minute you have only been on the planet for 24 years, you will probs make it to at least 68.

Does that mean for the next 44 years you are not gonna learn new stuff cos your too old?

Wake up, your only 24, that is young not old.

anyway check this dude out:

This guy was well older than you when he started trials- click me

Im 23 and just started back after a few years off. I have been riding around two months now and am going bigger than I did when I was a jobless 14 year old. Every day out on bike I surprise myself now going bigger and more technicial.

24 isn't old at all, mainly because I'm that age, but then I didn't start til I was 21. Yes messing up can be costly and I have to think about that fact and going to work after the weekend, it does hold you back slightly but it doesn't stop you having fun. Try and find some other people to ride with and get on it!

Im 22 havent ridden for two and a half years at lest. Starting riding again this week, the amount i imrove each ride is vast. You should get it back pretty soon.

You'll just have to deal with the aches and pains a bit more this time. ie, me today <_<

Thanks To Everyone thats Replyed, makes me feel LOADS better about going out now. and that guy on youtube is Inspireing

I agree with the akes and pains lol never felt them when i was bouncing off the floor :D

Simon

Im 23 and just started back after a few years off. I have been riding around two months now and am going bigger than I did when I was a jobless 14 year old. Every day out on bike I surprise myself now going bigger and more technicial.

Sounds like my life story haha, but yes i'm also doing bigger and more technical stuff but at 23 i feel 'im only getting started. I've got a lot of fighting to go before I get old I tell you :giggle:

Hi Guys,

No way. You would probably be better as you have more strength to lift the bike

I am 24 as well, quit trials about 8 years also and have just got back into it these last few months, I'm loving it, so your definately not too old! Where abouts in South Yorkshire are you? I am also a lone rider at the minute as most of the guys I used to ride with have also quit, I live in sunny Barnsley and know quite a few natural and street spots locally!