Bashring Or No Bashring?

Jack Chaperz

I have a pair of 165mm Try All ISIS cranks and i was wandering whether any one has ever ran a bashring on these cranks?

I know on tarty is says you shouldn't but can i get away with it? :shifty:

The bashring i will use is the Neon Light Bashring.

Thanks, Jack

Edited by Jack Chaperz

I have a pair of 165mm Try All ISIS cranks and i was wandering whether any one has ever ran a bashring on these cranks?

I know on tarty is says you shouldn't but can i get away with it? :shifty:

The bashring i will use is the Neon Light Bashring.

Thanks, Jack

Tarty's know their stuff, i'd listen to them when they say you shouldn't.

If it's these cranks: http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10993&category_id=514

It definitely doesn't look like there are enough threads for a bashguard to fit, certainly not one of the Neon ones which are about 4mm wide at the base IIRC. The Trialtech Titanium bashguard is a little narrower, but still would compromise on the number of threads available in the crank to take the load from the freewheel, so unless you weigh nothing and don't pedal kick hard it's a bad idea...

If it's these cranks: http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10993&category_id=514

It definitely doesn't look like there are enough threads for a bashguard to fit, certainly not one of the Neon ones which are about 4mm wide at the base IIRC. The Trialtech Titanium bashguard is a little narrower, but still would compromise on the number of threads available in the crank to take the load from the freewheel, so unless you weigh nothing and don't pedal kick hard it's a bad idea...

yeah they're my cranks,

Yeah, its gonna be a bad idea