Sidehop He;P

to be honest, theres not real right or wrong way to side hop, what ever side you feel comfortable on is the best side...Im right foot forward and i hop to the left seeing as im comfy with that =]. Just go with what ever feels right you you.

To get high try to pre-load into the bike before hopping and try tucking when in the air to help you get higher :)

thanks

Ali :blues:

Hi I Have Been Riding For Quite a While Now And i Only Realized That I Was Sidehopping the Wrong Way, Does it matter or should i start sidehopping the right way ? And does anyone have any tips on how to do bigger sidehops?

Why do you use caps on 50% of your words? makes it hard to read.

Im right foot forward and i sidehop to the right. Apr its meant to be ''the wrong way'' because your pedal hitting the wall. I dont really have a problem. I find going to the right is easier for me, Doubting that every ride i go to people say go to the left but its getting boring. Do what is best for you..

Im right foot forward and i sidehop to the right. Apr its meant to be ''the wrong way'' because your pedal hitting the wall. I dont really have a problem. I find going to the right is easier for me.

Same with me, I'm left footed and I go to the left. I tried going the other way, I can do it just not that good.

Here is a link to the Ryan Leech video for you -

Side Hop (NOT REAR WHEEL) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPE13hir7UI

REAR WHEEL Side Hop - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2cOiwmORqc&feature=related

Hope this helps. (Y)

why don´t you learn to sidehop to both sides???

This guy has it right... You should know how to do things to both sides and preferably with either foot forward. Lucky for you, you've got the 'wrong' way down to a T already, so now you just gotta learn the 'right' way as well. You never know when either will come in handy to help you do a line you might not otherwise be able to do because you can only hop one way...

To get high try to pre-load into the bike before hopping and try tucking when in the air to help you get higher :)

thanks

Ali :blues:

thats good advice! i think I'll follow that too! I've been trying to learn to pedal hop and without someone explaining it properly to me ive had no chance!

its personal at the end of the day mate, if you like hopping with your right foot and hoping to the right ( like me ) then you shouldnt need to change it. But say if i want to sidehop to the near i have to side left :ermm:

I've only ever caught my foot under the wall and that was becuase there was a lip just under the wall and i was a lil too close.

Hope this helps,

Sam B)