Just Had A Idea So Put It Down Quickly

haderz

good idea

would b able to see what colour parts go with a frame before you order the parts and then decide you dont like it :P

yeah as i said we havent spent long on it so havent put any components on.

The final test for this would be to try to build the Tarty Rainbow bike...

Can you set it up to choose colours from a bigger palette so people can match what they have more exactly? I wouldn't worry about putting in specific frames until everything else is done though - the point is to see how colours will look together rather than drawing a specific bike.

The final test for this would be to try to build the Tarty Rainbow bike...

Can you set it up to choose colours from a bigger palette so people can match what they have more exactly? I wouldn't worry about putting in specific frames until everything else is done though - the point is to see how colours will look together rather than drawing a specific bike.

check the website out again and there is a much larger pallet, and even a trials bike!

This could actually be a pretty useful tool, especially when every single component can be altered. It'd be nice to see the choice between a mod and a stock too. Or maybe a bike without a rider on it. :)

i think that if someone like tarty got a tech guy in and got him to make something along them line, but you pick all your components and colour ect, then at the bottom it comes up with weight ect, they'll be on for a winner. I would for sure use it, just to check if the part i might be getting would look good ect, and how the weight would end up.

Sam

I´m planning on doing something like this with a large variety of options. I might have a week off next week and still need to do a custom assignment for school. So this might be a good oppertunity :)

What would you people be interested in besided the colour scheme of the bike?

I'm already thinking of putting in a function to dynamicly alter the wheelbase and bb height. I have to see how far I can come with this as my maths aren't that advanced.

If you need a hand with the maths I can sort you out... Unless you can use equations to drive the picture like on CAD programs though it might not be feasible without a bit of calculation software running in the background of the website...

If you need a hand with the maths I can sort you out... Unless you can use equations to drive the picture like on CAD programs though it might not be feasible without a bit of calculation software running in the background of the website...

The application will be made with actionscript 3 in flash. It´s doable, but there is no built in feature that calculates things for you, everything has to be calculated from scratch. It is not going to be in 3D btw, seems like you got that impression :P

Thanks for the offer, I will make a topic when I will start the project. When I need any help you can check it out there :)

Edited by omgnoseat