Natural Trials Help

Leeham

Hi everyone, i'm generally new to trials and have just baught myself a mod (i used to ride stock) and i'm just getting back into the swing of things. I really wanted to concentrate on natural trials as aposed to street riding this time; and as i live in pretty dense countryside, it would be a shame to waste it! All i really wanted to know is what moves and techniques should i concentrate on practicing as i am a bit unsure. If it helps there is a lot of rock piles around my area of various sizes, loose rocks used for sea defences, beach and woodland terrain.

all help appreciated.

liam.

Hi everyone, i'm generally new to trials and have just baught myself a mod (i used to ride stock) and i'm just getting back into the swing of things. I really wanted to concentrate on natural trials as aposed to street riding this time; and as i live in pretty dense countryside, it would be a shame to waste it! All i really wanted to know is what moves and techniques should i concentrate on practicing as i am a bit unsure. If it helps there is a lot of rock piles around my area of various sizes, loose rocks used for sea defences, beach and woodland terrain.

all help appreciated.

liam.

I'm looking at getting into natural more in the future too so i'ma sit in on this one :)

all help appreciated.

liam.

I'd concentrate on the things you want to learn. Otherwise things can get boring and put you off trials.

But first (unless you can already do them) learn rear wheel hops! Probably one of the most impotent skills in trials riding.

Learn two wheel stuff, loads of it, surges, pedal punches, 2 wheel hops, trackstands etc. and going down stuff on two wheels.

You will use this much more than back wheel shiz.

Also learn to rely on grip from your front wheel more, especially on rocks and pump yer tyres up!

I'd concentrate on the things you want to learn. Otherwise things can get boring and put you off trials.

This is the best advice you will get for riding any sort of trials.

Watch videos of your favourite riders, pick the moves that you like them doing and then learn those first. No doubt, once you play with them a little, you will want to learn more, and you will. There is no point spending months learning a move because someone told you to, when you dont even like doing the move.

Learn two wheel stuff, loads of it, surges, pedal punches, 2 wheel hops, trackstands etc. and going down stuff on two wheels.

You will use this much more than back wheel shiz.

Also learn to rely on grip from your front wheel more, especially on rocks and pump yer tyres up!

This is basically what I was told a week ago by a mate

Street is a lot of backwheel tomfoolery, natural is a lot more 2 wheel based

We're gonna go ride some natural at some point, i've never really done it before so should be a laugh

thanks for all the advice guys (Y) , don't get me wrong, I love street and will be doing a range of both street and natural. i'm going to watch a few riders doing the natural stuff, (watched tra's new video and it was awsome). Just hope I can get on with riding a mod as i got used to riding a stock, might be better for me as i'm 5 foot 6 :giggle: .

I think that's it's pretty much the same as street, so taps gaps, sidehops, wedges sort of thing. You'll have to focus more on things like where you take of because rocks aren't as evil as lovely walls

They can be evil them walls lol.

Taking off and landing on uneven rocks can be a challange in itself. Best thing to do is start simple and work your way up. I'm sure i can find time to help you out anyways (Y)

I am currently riding a mod.I also ride natural. luarence has hit it spot on,you should only concentrate on stuff you want to learn.

other wise you may back away from the sport. don't force yourself to ride.

don't rush into it. take a step back and think what do i want to get out of this,and there the things you should learn.

hope i helped.

Tom

This is what i like about natural,

There isnt any certain moves you need to just practise,

you need to get up every rock slightly diferently.

Instead of just going out and thinking what move you need to practise, go out thinking what rock you want to get up.

In a competition the dont say oh you need to sidehop this rock, becaus you can do it anyway you want, as long as you get up it its ok.

Another thing i like to do is when i can get up the rock the way i preffer i then try and find a new and more creative way of getting up, it just makes practising the bit moe fun.