New Hs33 Brake

janjan

Are the cylinders smaller as well or is this just an illusion? Can you imagine 2 of these 4 finger levers on a handle bar, haha! Going to be a bit unusual in the beginning! But I am not upgrading till my 05s are dead. Will it carry more fluid in reservour?

Edited by 3dd

It's quite cool, but by "quite" i mean very slightly. I think the lever blade is okay looking, not amazing and there are so many lever blades for the 05' version, so there won't be 1-finger ones for the 10' ones untill 2011 possibly.

I think i'll play it safe and stick with the 05' as there is absolutly nothing wrong with the 05 ones and there is really no need for a new one.

Can you imagine 2 of these 4 finger levers on a handle bar, haha! Going to be a bit unusual in the beginning!

Koxx Sky bikes and a lot of other bikes like that have been coming with a pair of Maguras with 4-finger blades on for ages now. Unless you just mean a pair of the new style ones - when you compare these levers to the older ones, they're actually lower profile to your bar. Equally, the body isn't as long as it appears in those photos 'in real life'. You can also run them without the hose guard and the plastic cover and they look sorta Tech lever ish, in a way.

I think i'll play it safe and stick with the 05' as there is absolutly nothing wrong with the 05 ones and there is really no need for a new one.

People over-tightening levers and snapping them simply from that, people running their levers too tight so they just snap off when they hit them on things, stripping TPA wheels, the squared off corner by the lever blade itself causing the body to crack - at least a few of the things that are 'wrong' with the '05 levers. As it says on the blog, these new levers are made from a totally new material created by Magura that's stronger than the previous material they used.

The blades on the new HS33s are pinned in so you could run another lever blade if you wanted to, but it would require someone making a compatible one first and then you'd have to bodge the blade back in in any case.

You can use either the 2- or 4-finger blades with just 1 finger. I used to use the 4-finger blade on my HS33 with 1 finger and it was fine. You get a longer lever blade which, in the case of the Maguras, gives you an extra 16% power compared to a 'standard' blade or certain other aftermarket blades. They look a bit different obviously, but I'd rather have a product that's definitively better than another one even if it doesn't 'look' as good.

yeah i could see it was a sticker lol, i mean like, is it a special adition eg. hs33 carbon.

cause i wouldnt mind one :D

That's the standard 'black' version of the brake. If you read the blog post it explains it.

People over-tightening levers and snapping them simply from that, people running their levers too tight so they just snap off when they hit them on things, stripping TPA wheels, the squared off corner by the lever blade itself causing the body to crack - at least a few of the things that are 'wrong' with the '05 levers. As it says on the blog, these new levers are made from a totally new material created by Magura that's stronger than the previous material they used.

Most people dont tighten them much now, as everybody knows they do that, the squared of corner that cracks it is simply filed.

And i didnt mean theres nothing wrong with the 05 levers, the 05 brake itself is pretty amazing and there really is no need for a new one as there will definitly be something wrong with this new one too...

But even from that, i changed my mind and i think i might buy the new hs33

Most people dont tighten them much now, as everybody knows they do that, the squared of corner that cracks it is simply filed.

And i didnt mean theres nothing wrong with the 05 levers, the 05 brake itself is pretty amazing and there really is no need for a new one as there will definitly be something wrong with this new one too...

i hate the 05, in 1 year i have broke 4! i cant wait for the new one!

How do you mean broke? As in its not good or you snapped it?

And who says the 2010 version will not break?

snapped, cracked. load of rubbish.

the new version is obviously better designed, and hasnt got all the week points as in the 05 lever.

Considering the magura is a closed system with no reservoir, guess not... :ermm:

It's not what I realy wanted to ask, is just leaver looks will have to much unused fluid. But it just a massive looking body. Nevermind. It's me going crazy. I was kind of nakered yesterday, did not know what I was typing. wacko.gif

Functionally, it works in the same way (in that it uses the same cylinders as the current HS33), so performance-wise it'll be exactly the same. All they've done is make the lever body better and stronger, and made it easier to bleed.

Regarding the amount of people breaking current lever bodies - you don't have to deal with the phone calls from people who have broken them ;)

Functionally, it works in the same way (in that it uses the same cylinders as the current HS33), so performance-wise it'll be exactly the same. All they've done is make the lever body better and stronger, and made it easier to bleed.

Regarding the amount of people breaking current lever bodies - you don't have to deal with the phone calls from people who have broken them ;)

Oh, sorry i thought you meant that it will preform better, i was thinking how is that possible the 05 is immense.

But that just changed my mind, theres no point in changing my hs33 to the new one, mine works perfect and has been sanded/grinded/filed on the body so it wont crack.

Cheers for that Mark,

Kieran.

• 2 weeks later...
Behold! the largest range of any shop in the UK, and currently have over 50 2010 Onza Bikes in stock available for immediate dispatch! Click here for the 20" range, here for the Zoot 2010, and here for the 26" range. Each bike is sent out fully set up with a free T-shirt, chainstay protector and Tartybikes Multi Tool.

much better......

I rekon those levers look nicer, especially compared to the last ones.

Split clamps!!! thank fk for that.

Edited by Matt Vandart

I think it'll also go some way to reducing the amount of "I've over-tightened my bar clamp and now I've snapped it, is this covered under warranty?" type calls too in that it's theoretically a stronger, better clamp system.