New Hs33 Brake

janjan

Snapped my '05 lever last night, sweet.

If this one is stronger I dont really give a shit what it looks like.

Mark, you said the blades are pinned in... If you twat the blade against a rock and it bends/snaps, can you replace just the blade?

Is it not split clamp?

It is.

Mark, you said the blades are pinned in... If you twat the blade against a rock and it bends/snaps, can you replace just the blade?

Not as far as I'm aware. To be honest though from my experience I haven't heard of that many people snapping the actual blade, it just seems to take the pivot out on the lever body itself. The lever body on these is stronger so hopefully that won't be as much of an issue, although I'd definitely recommend not having the bar clamp super tight so your lever can still move around a bit if you knock it.

so if you don't like the lever blade then you're stuck with it?

Untill I heard about this, I thought they seemed pretty decent.

Seriously - you can't replace/change the blade?

To be honest - I wish they'd've stuck with the '04s, but put a split clamp on them. They just... worked :P (Still do, for me :- )

hopefully they dont go with star bolts, hassle of having to find another tool in all the mess of the garage. should just keep it to good old allen. Every bolt on everybike should be 3,4 or 5mm allens...apart from cranks i guess they cant go that small

hopefully they dont go with star bolts, hassle of having to find another tool in all the mess of the garage. should just keep it to good old allen. Every bolt on everybike should be 3,4 or 5mm allens...apart from cranks i guess they cant go that small

I don't recall there being any Torx key bolts on there anywhere...

Rotor bolts shouldn't be anything but Torx bolts, saves rounding anything off whilst still be able to have a low profile head for clearance.

Lever looks nasty

Slaves look ok - and the plastic hose protectors should help prevent the hoses from kinking where they leave the slave.

Surely the only non OEM market for the HS33 is trials? Everyone else has moved on. We must surely be the only ones buying retail hs33s these days. We are the only people who actually care what Magura does with this product.

Why did they bother?

Edited by konstant

UGLY! to be honest i cant see whats wrong with the current one... i love mine! although the 2 bolt clamp is a good idea.

Im led to belive that these things are still pretty popular for XC, touring and the like in other countries, esp in the EU, so it might be more aimed at that.... i think the old one will be kept around for a while as its by far the best for Trials.

Surely the only non OEM market for the HS33 is trials? Everyone else has moved on. We must surely be the only ones buying retail hs33s these days. We are the only people who actually care what Magura does with this product.

When your OEM sales dwarf your non OEM sales I'd imagine that OEM customers would be more important for Magura, meaning that 'we' aren't the 'only' ones who care what Magura does with it?

They 'bothered' because it makes the brakes much more useful for OEM customers, it has a stronger body, it's easier to bleed and makes stock levels a lot easier for shops who are supplying to non OEM customers.

You not liking the looks of their new lever doesn't mean it's a bad product.

i think the old one will be kept around for a while as its by far the best for Trials.

They've stopped making them already, although there's still residual stock as certain shops.

Apologies if it's been answered somewhere in the previous pages already...

When is the 2011 HS33 brake being released, a specific release date if possible? I'd just like to know when abouts in September, as I'd like to get my bike up and running before uni starts!

As for nutshell recapping just to confirm:,

- the lever blades won't be very easily replaceable will they?

-Any plans in the immediate/near future to have more than one type of blade for the levers?

-Any major differences between the HS11 and HS33 lever?

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush, and just wanted to find some answers in one go!

Cheers