New Hs33 Brake

janjan

When your OEM sales dwarf your non OEM sales I'd imagine that OEM customers would be more important for Magura, meaning that 'we' aren't the 'only' ones who care what Magura does with it?

They 'bothered' because it makes the brakes much more useful for OEM customers, it has a stronger body, it's easier to bleed and makes stock levels a lot easier for shops who are supplying to non OEM customers.

You not liking the looks of their new lever doesn't mean it's a bad product.

They've stopped making them already, although there's still residual stock as certain shops.

Mark, will the 05 ones still be available to buy or will they be discontinued?

• 2 weeks later...

Cheaper to make, I guess. The whole new line is designed to be super cost effective so they can make them a better option for an OEM brake, which they seem to be doing (hence the little clip-on covers being customisable for companies and so on). They don't really seem to be designed as an aftermarket part, almost - I mean, they are, obviously, but they're less... 'modular', I guess, than the old style ones.

They also come with 2m long hoses...

Cheaper to make, I guess. The whole new line is designed to be super cost effective so they can make them a better option for an OEM brake, which they seem to be doing (hence the little clip-on covers being customisable for companies and so on). They don't really seem to be designed as an aftermarket part, almost - I mean, they are, obviously, but they're less... 'modular', I guess, than the old style ones.

They also come with 2m long hoses...

Makes sense I guess, have to sell to your market and unfortunately we are only a very small part of it.

Have they got the TPA right? 3rd time lucky?

Seems really good. Nice to use, and harder to strip, theoretically! It seems to have been made to be used in the way most people try and use it (which used to be the 'wrong' way with the old one).

Makes sense I guess, have to sell to your market and unfortunately we are only a very small part of it.

To be fair, the brakes are still pretty good - from our sales it seems like the vast majority of people with HS33s use either the standard or long Magura blades with them, so it's essentially no different once you've got the blade length you want.

I much prefer them without the covers on. Any idea as to what they might cost yet?

James

The HS11 will be roughly the same price as the current HS33s, and the HS33s are going to be something like £20 more, but don't quote me on that - that was just what I could remember from earlier. Prices should be up tomorrow.

They're supplied in one colour only as standard, but different coloured caps are available for them. This basically means if you buy a HS11 you'll get a black body/black cap, and if you get a HS33 you'll get a silver body with black cap. There's different colour options depending on the brake, and potentially other caps available too if other manufacturers decide to get some custom made from Magura.

hi

put mine on this week and the performance of the brake is very very promising the brake feels alot stiffer than the old hs 33

the power is very good too.

the material seems to be as good as magura said it was.

thumbs up to it at the mo

thanks

wes

Those screws look rather 'special'... They remind me of those weird self tappers you get with DIY furniture! Surely they're not metric?

In other news- no covers makes them so much more aesthetically pleasing!

They do look alot better without the covers, but those screws really dont look clever, perhaps 'material X' isnt strong enough to hold a metric coarse thread :unsure:

I would much rather have a standard thread form.

edit: is it an optical illusion or is the hs11 lever longer?

Edited by forteh

The HS11s have a 4-finger blade, HS33s have a 2-finger blade.

The brakes are supplied with that bolt to make it harder to strip the body out, which is definitely a good thing. The actual clamp is made out of aluminium, but the rest of the body is made of Magura's composite material so I'd imagine a 'normal' thread would probably strip fairly easily.

More info up on the website, just put it up now, including all the photos 'n' stuff.