New Hs33 Brake

janjan

Pretty sure you could do that, yep, but not sure how hard it is until I've had a good play with one... It's a pin now (not a bolt) so might be a pain to swap.

So...same issue if you break a blade i assume..to bad.

Does it look so hard to take the pin of? and is it made for, to be replaceable?

Bearing in mind it is just a pin, rather than a bolt, it doesn't look like they were intending to make it easily replaceable. There are probably ways around it, but I think it'd be probably be a lot of effort.

If you don't do your bar clamp up too tight then it shouldn't be much of an issue though, in that if your lever can move when hit you shouldn't damage it too much.

HS33s have a painted silver finish, rather than the standard black, and more sculpted/contoured lever covers and hose boots. Functionally they're the same. There's also the option of a 2-finger blade, whereas there isn't on the HS11.

Well i think i'd go for the longer lever and save £20 then, i bet we'll be seeing a lot more HS11's from now?

HS33s have a painted silver finish, rather than the standard black, and more sculpted/contoured lever covers and hose boots. Functionally they're the same. There's also the option of a 2-finger blade, whereas there isn't on the HS11.

just to conferm(spelling?) the only difference is the lever, colour/ finish/ w/e and the lever blade?

No strength difference atall?

and looks really nice\! will defiantly be buying one of these in the future when i go to rear maggie again!

May be a hassle but I have a few questions.

- Is the HS11 the better brake, if so why?

- When will new lever blades be coming out for them eg one finger blades?

- What are the improvements in this brake? (sorry i forgot what it said lol)

I have started to save up for the HS33 as I would prefer it to the HS11, but would it be better to go for the hs11 for trials? If so, why?

Thanks alot. Cant wait until i have £75 :D

- Is the HS11 the better brake, if so why?

As has been said several times, the brakes are the same, the finishing is the only thing different. I'll say it again: functionally, they are the same, cosmetically they are different.

- What are the improvements in this brake? (sorry i forgot what it said lol)

I'm not writing it all out again when all the information you need is very easily available:

infoh.jpg

- When will new lever blades be coming out for them eg one finger blades?

The 4-finger blade is a 1-finger blade, you just use 1-finger on it and gain 16% more leverage over the standard blade because of the distance from the pivot. The levers aren't easily replaceable, so I doubt you'll be seeing any any time soon.

magura HS33 are available in a 4-finger lever blade because i have two here right now

Yep, they are when Magura send you what you order ;)

As has been said several times, the brakes are the same, the finishing is the only thing different. I'll say it again: functionally, they are the same, cosmetically they are different.

I'm not writing it all out again when all the information you need is very easily available:

infoh.jpg

The 4-finger blade is a 1-finger blade, you just use 1-finger on it and gain 16% more leverage over the standard blade because of the distance from the pivot. The levers aren't easily replaceable, so I doubt you'll be seeing any any time soon.

Yep, they are when Magura send you what you order ;)

Great. cheers Mark. Can't wait until I have the money for it.

Can I just ask why Adam has said that the HS11 is more of a trialsy brake? And are any of you Tarty team using them yet?