Because 24" Trials

Franksx2005

Updated with some new bits due to fork snappage.

22042010012.jpg

22042010013.jpg

Spec is

Frame and Forks

- Frame: Because Trial

- Forks: Because

Wheels

- Front hub: DMR Revolver

- Rear hub: Because Screw On

- Front rim: Sun single track

- Rear rim: Echo TR Drilled

- Spokes: Halo black

- Rim tape: Echo

- Inner tube (front): Kenda Unboxed

- Inner tube (rear): Kenda Downhill

- Front tyre: Schwalbe racing ralph

- Rear tyre: Kenda Blue Groove

Brakes

- Front brake: Hope Mono Trial 180mm

- Rear brake: Magura HS33

- Brake clamps: Echo SL

Drivetrain

- Cranks: Speedrace 170mm

- Freewheel: Echo SL 18T

- Chain: KMC Cool

- Rear Sprocket: Trialtech, 13T

- Pedals: Azonic

- Bottom bracket: VIZ ISIS

- Bashring: Echo TR

Steering

- Headset: Echo SL

- Stem: TartyBikes Forged

- Grips: DMR

- Handlebars: Echo SL

The old pics

SAM_0746.jpg

SAM_0747.jpg

SAM_0745.jpg

What you guys think?

Edited by Franksx2005

No, I think the front looks fine. Black forks black wheel - it's cool. I got a double walled rhino lite rim on mine that is ligher than any of the trials ones on tarty atm and it's strong too! In my opinion black headset would be nice. So you only have most of it in 2 colours and red hun just to show yourself of :D It's still very nice man! I love mine!

Edited by 3dd

No, I think the front looks fine. Black forks black wheel - it's cool. I got a double walled rhino lite rim on mine that is ligher than any of the trials ones on tarty atm and it's strong too! In my opinion black headset would be nice. So you only have most of it in 2 colours and red hun just to show yourself of :D It's still very nice man! I love mine!

i was looking at the ryno lite, i like the camo ones lol. not sure yet what exactly im gonna do yet.

I havnt had a proper ride yet but from just hoping it feels so much better than my previous frame. i think im gonna love it!

how much it weights? look nice :)

tension is a problem at the mo mate, it was miles too tight in the pc, so i put an extra link in and now its too loose. ive made one of adam from tarty bikes spoke tensioner for now till i solve the problem.

gonna get it weighed today mate. feels really light at the front, the rear tire weighs 1300g though lol.

Sweet good to see tgs style 24" getting a bit more of a fan base, did you sell my old echo frame?

had a couple of folk contact me if it is still for sale i will send them your way. :)

Kenny

Ive got someone buying it as a whole bike. Got enough spares to build it into one you can pass my info on to threm but the bloke buying it seems genuin.

I hope tgs style 24" keep coming then maybe we wopuld have a wider selection of rims and tyres.

Can you upload the pics onto the TF gallery by chance? Some image upload sites are blocked from my Chinese internet access... damn censorship...!

On another note.. how does it compare to your old Echo Urban for TGSy stuff? Is it just leaps and bounds ahead?

looks great buddy, what height and reach is that stem and how do you find it? (Y)

125mm 25 degrese, its tartys own stem, check their website out. ive been having a play today and its so comfy on the back, its a weird position when your on two wheels. Its so much better thean the ech for tgs! having problems with chain tensions at the mo.

Can you upload the pics onto the TF gallery by chance? Some image upload sites are blocked from my Chinese internet access... damn censorship...!

On another note.. how does it compare to your old Echo Urban for TGSy stuff? Is it just leaps and bounds ahead?

How do i upload it onto that?

125mm 25 degrese, its tartys own stem, check their website out. ive been having a play today and its so comfy on the back, its a weird position when your on two wheels. Its so much better thean the ech for tgs! having problems with chain tensions at the mo.

How do i upload it onto that?

Just resize the pics using paint and put them up here. I ma runing 18-14 with the half link it seems ok, haven't snapped it yet. Your rear tyre isn't 1.3kg it a holly roller it must be aroung 800g. My high roller is 1.3 originally, but after cutting it its only a bit over a 1kg. Schwalbe do a glue Al mighty tyre with 2.35 that has dual ply carcass but its a bit pricey (£45) Might get it soon, it's light and prety thick too.

Just resize the pics using paint and put them up here. I ma runing 18-14 with the half link it seems ok, haven't snapped it yet. Your rear tyre isn't 1.3kg it a holly roller it must be aroung 800g. My high roller is 1.3 originally, but after cutting it its only a bit over a 1kg. Schwalbe do a glue Al mighty tyre with 2.35 that has dual ply carcass but its a bit pricey (£45) Might get it soon, it's light and prety thick too.

im running a kenda blue groove mate, that pic is old now lol.

It just weighed in at 10.7kg

im running a kenda blue groove mate, that pic is old now lol.

It just weighed in at 10.7kg

Oh. Blue groove is a prety good tyre, but as you said it's heavy! Mine is a bit lighter (9.7kg) with a bit higher spec. I finnaly nailed the sidehops. Still I think chanstay is too short!

• 2 weeks later...