Speed Up Firefox?

PeanuckleJive

Basically, My internet is being slow as shit recently and I really dunno how I can solve it. It can take me a good half an hour to load a few minute long video on youtube and pages that used to load practically instantly now take a few seconds

Any ideas as to why it's gone so slow and how I might be able to speed it back up?

any help appreciated, inb4 thread turns into an opera vs chrome vs firefox debate :rolleyes:

Network speeds vary depending on peak time and off peak use when millions of other users are online, even the latest Opera 10.51browser which im currently using can be slow during peak time use. but when everthing is fine ie; early morning use, Opera still king, followed by chrome, then firefox 3.6.3, safari.

Have yet to try the other 6 available browsers out there though.

Good old richard branson...

Wonder who my neighbours are with? I might do better to leech off them for a bit

Phone up virgin and complain if your speeds are that slow, thats assuming your wireless isnt knackered.

Phone up virgin and complain if your speeds are that slow, thats assuming your wireless isnt knackered.

Both wireless and wired it's slow

I cleared cache, I think

i hit the clear cache button on firefox but didn't really get any kind of notification that it had been done, which seemed weird because firefox brings up an alert box for EVERYTHING you do usually

Both wireless and wired it's slow

I cleared cache, I think

i hit the clear cache button on firefox but didn't really get any kind of notification that it had been done, which seemed weird because firefox brings up an alert box for EVERYTHING you do usually

Just ring up Virgin, they might have bottlenecked your connection because you've gone over a fair usage limit or something - they usually open it right back up when you threaten to leave though!

Just ring up Virgin, they might have bottlenecked your connection because you've gone over a fair usage limit or something - they usually open it right back up when you threaten to leave though!

could be that, I did do a fair bit of downloading a few weeks ago, way more than I usually do

still, faggotry.