Weird.....

Hi

Just put my bike into highland bikes and got it back an hour ago. they have managed to fix my brake but it still rubs as i have worn the pads squint. but for some reason the cones have gone so tight that the wheel wont move(hardly). so i loosened the big blot at the back and fiddled about with the cones. so the wheel was moving freely except for a little rub. but then i tightened the big bolt at the back again and it went stiff again but wasnt as stiff as before. should i just ride and will it just get looser as im riding?

if not, how do i fix?

thanks guys

Hi

Just put my bike into highland bikes and got it back an hour ago. they have managed to fix my brake but it still rubs as i have worn the pads squint. but for some reason the cones have gone so tight that the wheel wont move(hardly). so i loosened the big blot at the back and fiddled about with the cones. so the wheel was moving freely except for a little rub. but then i tightened the big bolt at the back again and it went stiff again but wasnt as stiff as before. should i just ride and will it just get looser as im riding?

if not, how do i fix?

thanks guys

I understand what you mean, in motorbike trials you have bearings that you just replace when they get worn down and get play but forsome reason in push you've got the cone bearings. When i adjust the play i just get a happy medium between the stiffness of movement and the amount of play which is hopefully none. So dont tighten it up too much so its solid tighten so it can still move and has no play, good way to do this is put one side in a vice and keep tightening and then checking the stiffness of turning untill you get that "Happy Medium"

Hope this helps if not someone else will tell you. I probally do something dodgey,

Edited by loner ryan