Could My Brake Be To Stiff?

onzatrip

Right i have constant problems from my rear brake that it will not bed in completly and that it slips

my set up is:

maggie 04 fresh products blade

tnn lgms in tnn backings

tryall rim with a fresh sharp grind

and simtra frame

with standard magura mounts.

I have tnn lgm in phat backings on the front with trialtech forks and thats amazing same magura set up

the brake is set up square

what could it be? that my brake is to stiff or that tnns are just shite?

thanks

tris

thanks >_< i wish it was my finger! not just me riding it everyone rides it complains about the shite brake

i know someone will probably tell me im wrong but , im using tnn lgm on the back of my monty and to be completely honest there awful . they just dont seem to bite the grind very well at all so im going to give it one more grind and if it doesn't work then im going to look for something else , alot of people swear buy these pads but im not impressed so far . good luck with finding the problem (Y)

Try washing the braking surface of the rim with degreaser (Washing up liquid and a good scrubbing brush should be enough, making sure the pads are set perfectly parallel to the rim and sanding the pad surfaces so no contamination gets on them.

you didn't bleed the brake with the tpa on did you? it sounds typical of a piston bottoming out in the lever to me, that would give the solid lever feel and poor braking performance. Even wih the stiffest parts available, I would expect that frame to give the brake at least a little bit of sponge.

• Like 5

you didn't bleed the brake with the tpa on did you? it sounds typical of a piston bottoming out in the lever to me, that would give the solid lever feel and poor braking performance. Even wih the stiffest parts available, I would expect that frame to give the brake at least a little bit of sponge.

This. Used to happen all the time on my leaky RB Lever.

• Like 1

Good call. Rep added :P.

• Like 1

Nope tpa was completely out!

and what people say about clean pads etc ive already tryed that.

mean like a standard 04 blade? yeah then i switched to the fresh products blade

could it be that tnns are just heaps of shite either were down far to fast or just dont work

Edited by onzatrip

Everyone including myself have swore by the tnn's.

Try your lever blade, if not, somes 05 lever.

Orrr sway your 04 lever for my 05. ;)

I tell you now jack i know a fair few people who dont swear by them and i completly agree with then as this rate

I had the standard blade on then went to the fresh products balde

And no way my 04 staying

Hmmm I'm having a similar problem, everyone elses TNNs are mint, then mine are awful :| I have exact same setup as another lad, I bled both brakes so they're pretty similar bleed wise, set both brakes up, and the age/condition etc are pretty similar. We even have the same frame. Only thing is, I run try all rear rim, he runs Echo Urban. Only difference. TryAll rims=shit after a few grinds, they flex like fooooooooooooook.

if it makes any difference, my tryall rear rim as crap aswell. you have to put a really really harsh grind on it to make it worth while. could just be your rim as the rest of the setup sounds epic

no you dont. ive been running tryall for years. they are fine. you don't need a harsh grind for a good brake, just know how to set it up.