K-124 2010 Gauging Your Post Event Thoughts

Rusevelt

Just gauging your initial thoughts on what you've seen or read so far before the release of the official video. I'm gonna say that although the event was a success purely on the basis that it happened, in my eyes it appears a failure because the whole scene didn't grab me like Buthiers did last year. Buthiers monsterous natural terrain, gave birth to the super elite event which you didn't even need to be there to see how huge the sections were. Then there is the legacy, impression, or buzz, whatever you wanna call it that buthiers generated worldwide through various online forums. So i am gonna say K124 fail purely on initial impressions, and the buzz of anticipation prior to pre-event hasn't left me thinking that i'd love to go there next year even to just walk those sections.

I also think the organizers of k124, have missed the golden opportunity to make this event an even greater spectacle with buthiers in the way that organizers had done with the Redbull Rampage freeride event. Ok, some would argue that making an event bigger than it actually is, isn't a good for the sport, but it would certainly help further establish the industry to the public mainstream.

Edited by Rusevelt

From looking at the photos, it looked a bit pikey. The camping looked pretty shocking, didn't look like there was much fun stuff to ride - just looked a bit 'meh', and not as good as the older, Buthiers-based ones. Probably be why virtually no-one from the UK went there.

On the plus side, seeing people splashing around on muddy, rainy rocks made me feel a lot better that I decided to go for a roadtrip around the UK that was pure sun ;)

Last year the sections looked impossible..this year kinda just like a world cup round, not the Koxx days usual of testing the best riders to their limits.

Back to Elite..no the super Elite.

Edited by philth

Didnt look the best...if i am honest it looked shit. Everything from the weather, crouds, sections and amount of riders. When it was held at Butiers and i seen the video, all i wanted to do was ride, and it would be like awsome to ride there, then seing this place of the K-124 days in 2010, i dont want to even push my bike through there!

I think due to the weather conditions too, people who went and rode will have been pissed off, bikes getting all ming etc and also it made watching it unplesent too!

Buthiers has some big moves that require power but also alot of weight distribution care and technique to get over them. Thats why I think its the best place (in the world?) to ride.

That place just looked like standard british round. Muddy forest uphill struggles against roots and loose rocks with the occaision highlight of the section being a nice big tap or dodgy sidehop balancey thing. Not worth the previous minute and a half of struggling in my opinion

Glad I didnt go. Gutted I cant go to the British koxx days too