Chain Spray.

trials owns

What's the use?

Copied from Tarty Bikes...

High quality chain lube from Monty.

- 'Dry' type, meaning you spray the lube on wet, then a solvent evaporates to leave a coating of dry lubrication on all parts of the chain meaning it doesn't cling to dust and dirt!

- Sold as one handy little spray can.

Try reading the description.

Alex.

Edited by AlexxRogers

all this is saying that it keeps the dust of, i was wondering if there was any point to this! exept making your bike clean

Smoother drivechain= longer life. It's only really necessary if you ride natural though. CRC will have a huge range of chain lube too.

I say its a waste of money just use WD40 or oil

WD40 is not actually a lubricant and will be worse for your bike than leaving it as it will remove what is left of the lubricant that is already there! Some oils will work fine but are very thick and will pick up all kinds of crap (dust, dirt, etc...) and make your chain feel like crap and not last very long. You can use gt85 if you want but I still recommend a good chain lube.

WD40, or AC90 (the cheaper version) is like a degreaser, it's better to use when cleaning your bike, gets rid of muck/rust etc :)

I wouldnt reccomend it for lube though.. If I were you, id spray your chain with WD40, wipe it off and then apply some lube (any will do really, bog-standard chain lube would be ok)

That will keep things running nice and smooth :) Hope this helped.

Dry lube is good for when the weather is................... dry

I'm not sure I'd trust Monty oil though.

Only muppets use WD40 or GT85 for chain lube. You might as well use water.

GT85 actually does work as a lubricant, though not as well as a dedicated chain lube. I personally use it to lubricate the freehub on a couple of my bikes as it lubricates with out making pawls stick.

Only muppets use WD40 or GT85 for chain lube. You might as well use water.

I must be a muppet then.

I've always used it, knowing that it does not have the same benifits as chain lube. I usually use it to have on there to keep rust at bay and disperse water, I don't find that my chain does enough miles to warrent lube.

Now if I was talking about my DH rig, it would be chain lube all the way.

I will now explain what it does.

The spray keeps your chain running smoothly on the sprocket, it slows down wear rate and prolongs the life of your chain.

Using any lubrication will help to prevent stiff links in the chain and using a dry lube will do this even more so as it prevents dirt from clinging to the chain like it would with a wet lube.

If your not using any chain lubrication you should be! Its not only a matter of keeping the bike running smoothly but its about safety.

If your chain snaps on something big your going to feel it.

Quick edit: I can't really recommend the monty spray, only because i haven't used it. Straight line wet lube XC (Green top) has been amazing for me I would suggest that for anything and everything. Its also good for keeping your hub nice and sharp.

Edited by davey1991

I will now explain what it does.

The spray keeps your chain running smoothly on the sprocket, it slows down wear rate and prolongs the life of your chain.

Using any lubrication will help to prevent stiff links in the chain and using a dry lube will do this even more so as it prevents dirt from clinging to the chain like it would with a wet lube.

If your not using any chain lubrication you should be! Its not only a matter of keeping the bike running smoothly but its about safety.

If your chain snaps on something big your going to feel it.

Quick edit: I can't really recommend the monty spray, only because i haven't used it. Straight line wet lube XC (Green top) has been amazing for me I would suggest that for anything and everything. Its also good for keeping your hub nice and sharp.

I've never had problems with stiff links. The only people I've ever seen have problems are those who can't join a chain properlly.