26" Inspired?

trialsguru

I'd go for either the Because Street or maybe the Rockman Switch before going for a Marino. To be fair, I'd prefer to wait a few months to get an awesome frame rather than spend some money now on a vastly inferior frame...

I'd go for either the Because Street or maybe the Rockman Switch before going for a Marino. To be fair, I'd prefer to wait a few months to get an awesome frame rather than spend some money now on a vastly inferior frame...

without trying to sound like a dick, how is it going to be inferior when you dont know what the geo and price is of the inspired for all you know it could be shit geo and an 1000 quid frame...

without trying to sound like a dick, how is it going to be inferior when you dont know what the geo and price is of the inspired for all you know it could be shit geo and an 1000 quid frame...

It's not going to be £1000, it's going to be roughly the price of the 24" one, because it roughly IS the 24" one.

The build quality of inspireds is really good.

It's not going to be £1000, it's going to be roughly the price of the 24" one, because it roughly IS the 24" one.

The build quality of inspireds is really good.

you expected the because to be about 350-400 quid that one bit you in the arse didnt it..

well,

I'm out of the loop, I want a frame to run a real seat on and the second hand market isn't bringing anything up.

Is there going to be a 26" inspired? if so, when? how much? and what geo will it have?

thanks guys,

Pete

If you fancy an old Koxx Cheat Code, 2003 styleeee, I'm selling a full build, just need to get pics. It's a proper usable seat frame aswell. :P

I know the geometry's not going to be shit because I've had quit a few lengthy conversations with Ali (and indirectly Dave and Jon) about the current frame and the geometry changes they want to do - I know the geometry that they're pretty sure they're going to be using for the production frame and it's going to be a beast. The current frame rides pretty well but they're making a few tweaks in key areas that should make it a bit better. Ali's basically worked out which areas he feels the frame could be better in, and they're tweaking it to make it ride better. Like I said, I've spoken to Ali loads about it (the benefits of riding and living with someone for 6 months while they've been riding a prototype version of the frame :rolleyes:), it's going to be good.

Inspired's frame quality is streets ahead of everyone else out there, they give a shit about what they're making and they're pretty dedicated to making it the best it possibly can be. Bear in mind the amount of Inspireds sold compared to the amount that people have ever had problems with and that should be a pretty good indication of their quality. Inspired and Trialtech are making the best parts out there, and from the proto stuff that Ali and Stan have here their new range of products is going to be even better than everyone else's.

Price-wise, I'd imagine it'd be reasonably similar to their current Fourplay frame. I'm not saying it's going to be identical, but I would've thought it would've reasonably close to it.

It's gonna be inferior because marinos are shit. I looked into it and they don't even use Renolds tubing, it's just some really low grade cheap shit. This means they're like 2.5kg and fairly weak, Damon Watson folded his 24" in half in a few days.

I was under the impression they're hi-ten steel? Just for comparison's sake, only the cheapest complete BMXs around are made of hi-ten, and they've generally not advised 'cos hi-ten's pretty shocking. Heavy and weak, good combo (Y)

No, because I never said anything like that. I was commenting on the quality not the price. I'd happily pay over £250 for a custom geo reynolds tubed frame. My point was the quality is utter shite, the price is just reflective of that.

In fairness to them, Marino are apparently a bit better on the straightness of their frames now. Heard of a few who got them welded on the piss and that sort of thing, but apparently it's been sorted now.

I guess it'd be a good way to try out some custom geometry if you wanted to give it a go, but I wouldn't really turn to one for a 'proper' frame.

No, because I never said anything like that. I was commenting on the quality not the price. I'd happily pay over £250 for a custom geo reynolds tubed frame. My point was the quality is utter shite, the price is just reflective of that.

But you'd never get a Reynolds tube set for 250 quid.... Hence the price of Pashley frames and other mtb hardtails that use Reynolds tubing. To get a custom from made out of decent steel your best bet is Curtis, £549 for a standard T45 steel frame, 2.38 kilos.

The last few Marinos I've seen have certainly improved in build quality adn alignment, wouldn't rule one out as an option.