Technique Of Pedal Ups

Dušan

Hey all

I have a question about pedal ups.Ive been riding mod for 4,5 months.I bought stock and started to practice pedal up.Actually i can do it on 2 pallets.Somtimes when iam lucky and brake has good mood i get on 3 pallets.

How did you practice it?or is it same like with pedal kicks?practice pracitce and more practice?Btw mz riding mates are doing pedalups different.only me and one of them are doing it this way: Badfoot at 1 o clock i start to pedal and when iam already on left foot i kick to it and swing the bike up(left foot is my good foot).My mates do it like this:good foot on 3 o clock,than they start to pedal till good foot is in front and kick to it and swing the bike up.I prefer my method cause i dont need that much space ,but in their method i have better balance.

Dušan

What are mods, becuase I ride an Onza Bird 09 no new parts, so does that make it an stock or mod?? When i do pedal ups I just pedal towards the bench and then kick the good foot and push up with my handle bars. ( even if I can't do it! )

From what ive heard pedal ups and taps can be quite tricky on Mods.

Just bunnyhop the f**ker and have done with it. :D

Listen to him! Don't try tapping mods.

What are mods, becuase I ride an Onza Bird 09 no new parts, so does that make it an stock or mod?? When i do pedal ups I just pedal towards the bench and then kick the good foot and push up with my handle bars. ( even if I can't do it! )

Mod and Stock refer to the wheel size of the bike. Mod is 20", stock is 26".

:)

I find that there is a simple and effective way that resembles pedal ups but yet is rarely used.

For me i find the best way is to start by facing the obsticle i want to conquere with my weak foot facing forward, Do half a rotation with the pedal lifting the bike at the same time when your strong foot reaches a position where you feel comfortable that you can pedal kick, jam on the back brake. As the front starts to lower onto the obstacle do one big pedal kick pulling up on the front end of your bike up as you do so. Also bringing the bike up into your body also gains you that little bit more hight which can make all the difference.

This methid of pedal ups requires alot less speed therefore once making it onto the top of the obstacle it is much easyer to keep your bike on the rear wheel and ready for the next obstacle.

Hope this helps and please let me know if it works for you. ^_^

Hey all

I have a question about pedal ups.Ive been riding mod for 4,5 months.I bought stock and started to practice pedal up.Actually i can do it on 2 pallets.Somtimes when iam lucky and brake has good mood i get on 3 pallets.

How did you practice it?or is it same like with pedal kicks?practice pracitce and more practice?Btw mz riding mates are doing pedalups different.only me and one of them are doing it this way: Badfoot at 1 o clock i start to pedal and when iam already on left foot i kick to it and swing the bike up(left foot is my good foot).My mates do it like this:good foot on 3 o clock,than they start to pedal till good foot is in front and kick to it and swing the bike up.I prefer my method cause i dont need that much space ,but in their method i have better balance.

Dušan

LOL

I find that there is a simple and effective way that resembles pedal ups but yet is rarely used.

For me i find the best way is to start by facing the obsticle i want to conquere with my weak foot facing forward, Do half a rotation with the pedal lifting the bike at the same time when your strong foot reaches a position where you feel comfortable that you can pedal kick, jam on the back brake. As the front starts to lower onto the obstacle do one big pedal kick pulling up on the front end of your bike up as you do so. Also bringing the bike up into your body also gains you that little bit more hight which can make all the difference.

This methid of pedal ups requires alot less speed therefore once making it onto the top of the obstacle it is much easyer to keep your bike on the rear wheel and ready for the next obstacle.

Hope this helps and please let me know if it works for you. ^_^

I'm sorry this makes so little sense I thought you were non uk, please wxplain the highlighted bit for me.

I approach whatever I'm jumping up quite slowly with bad pedal forward, push down on that to gain momentum lifting the front wheel then give my good foot a kick to backhop up if you understand what I mean?!

There's a vid of me doin it on youtube if you wanna have a look, not sure if you'll be able to see clearly but may be worth a try, have a search for diddyb bathtub. Other than that look in the video section for the links in a post I started!

get your hands on ryan leech's how to dvd, it's a lil patronising but can really help

i have never really been good at trials, i ride mine like an old pre '65 moto-trials bike, but i am starting to grasp the basics from the mentioned dvd

The more experienced members on here will probably give you all the advice you need, but speaking personally, I was always cranking my bad foot too fast. When I was learning I made a concious effort to do the first part of the rotation slowly (to get the front wheel off the ground) then I gave it all my power with my good foot to get the back wheel up.

I hope that makes sense. I'm not trying to state the obvious but it was the sticking point for me when I was learning, I just gave it full power for the full rotation and it always left my good foot underpowered. I find the slower I crank the first part then the more power I can get for the launch.

Again, I hope I'm not stating stuff that is a given. But I learned back in the days when "Getta Grip" was the raddest bike vid around, so good tutorials were hard to come by and simple tips made a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...