Disc Or Rim Brake

staryarm69

Please try and spell things correctly, and use punctuation. I had to read that a few times before i understood what you were trying to say.

Also use the search, there are LOADS of topics about this :/

In answer to your question, i would use a disk on the front, and a rim on the back (hs33).

• Like 1

thanks lads sorry bout the spellin i have learnin difficults so i try my best lol cheers

Maybe try writing out your replies in Word or something then pasting them in here? Or get a spell checker for your web browser - it just makes it easier for everyone if they can read what you're saying without having to decipher it every time (Y)

Answering your question, I'd go with discs but it's all about personal preference really.

I prefer disc brakes.I think rim brakes are bit lighter though... well on front wheel i would say disc but on rear hmm if u fall you can damage it easy ,but when its rainy rim brakes will kill you :D

Not true at all, with a grind and a decent set of pads rim brakes will work great in the wet, in fact mine work just as well as they do in the dry and the power is much greater than that of a disc. It really comes down to what you want, if you want modulation, an easier set up and no noise then go disc, if you want ultimate power go rim. My recommendation is disc on the front so you can control your speed easier and rim brake on the rear to avoid slip. 

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think theres much between them to be honest.

I have an Onza pro with a hope rear disc brake, my mate has a Onza bird with maggies on the rear. i find them both similar in performance (but im not very good)

I'd vote for a hope mono trial, they look sweet, but dont get the pads contaminated with oil, personal experiance!

• 2 weeks later...

Not true at all, with a grind and a decent set of pads rim brakes will work great in the wet, in fact mine work just as well as they do in the dry and the power is much greater than that of a disc. It really comes down to what you want, if you want modulation, an easier set up and no noise then go disc, if you want ultimate power go rim. My recommendation is disc on the front so you can control your speed easier and rim brake on the rear to avoid slip. 

hey guys, i agree with sstein. i hav'nt been riding all that long maybe a year and i have found if i with a good grind the rim brakes work awesomly.. i have an adamant a2 and i ride hs33 on the rear and hs11 on the front and i find them awesome with a ground rim but i am changing frontto disc soon.

for my oppinion...Disc brakes is better for naural and competition trials, if it strong brakes(hope, bb7 avid).

for hard urban use i think rim magura. BUT!You may like both ...

Best of all - Try disc brakes and rim brake on someone's bike and decide what you like better)