Disc Or Rim Brake

staryarm69

Yes, you have right. But I ment that rim brakes are much better than disk brakes

In that case (edited):

From my own experience, I can definitely recommend rim brakes to you because in my opinion they are stronger, they have much better sense than disc brakes and they will last longer than disc brakes

;)

i think disk brakes and rim brakes have their pros and cons. I borrowed my mates GU ST double disk bike for a week and the hope mono trial brakes work great. Great modulation, feel and bite. Never slipped once, however, i had to be more aware as to where the back wheel was so as not to bend the disk. And it was reasonably heavy. My bike has magura hs33 front and rear and they work great! I use a very light grind with soft pads and tar and they are amazing, gives me a boost in confidence anyway. However i dont know much about wet performance as i tend to ride in the dry out of preference. I did once get caught out by rain when on the GU and the disks appeared to keep there power and hold :)

Personally I find that If you want the lightest set-up possible and are willing to accept small variances in brake performance, choose rim brakes over disc brakes.

However as stated earlier, a combination (disc on the front and rim on the back) can offer the best of both worlds.

wots the better to run for a mod mainly used for street hydrolic rim brake or dics or a bit of both

I ride hydrolic rim brakes and there really good.I had a disc at first but i prefer rim brakes

hope that helps (Y)

Edited by angua