Floating Disc?

trial1966

hopefldisc.jpg

That.

Basically the inner is ally and the outer is steel, it makes the disc lighter than a normal disc, and it also dissipates heat quicker.

And personally I wouldn't use one for trials as my mate broke the alloy centre on one of his, which could be quite ugly when riding trials! Theres no need for them in trials as you don't generate the heat that you would when riding downhill. And there more expenise if you land on it and break it.

Edited by Puddin

So it is made of 2 metal discs bolted together. Are there any benifits if I got one?

Not really any benefits for trials, as you don't generate alot of heat like you do riding freeride or downhill (what they are designed for).

And personally I wouldn't use one for trials as my mate broke the alloy centre on one of his, which could be quite ugly when riding trials! Theres no need for them in trials as you don't generate the heat that you would when riding downhill. And there more expenise if you land on it and break it.

Although I agree with you about not needing one on a trials bike, they are about the same price as any other decent disc (about £25), so it is not going to be anymore expensive to replace it.

As Has been said, there really is no need for floating rotors in trials, they also start to rattle after they have been used for a while, the rivets become loose and there is no way to prevent it or cure it. Its not dangerous just very annoying.

Edited by davey1991