Photography :

I would have done that in the photography thread, but i want to refer to this at a laterdate and also i do not wish for it to be lost amongst the other banter in the topic,

Right, i've started bmxing again, and noticed theres quite alot of photographers out and about taking advantage of the rideing that goes down, i want to start photography soon, (late june early july - birthday!) i borrowed a freinds camera and took a few good photos, that i was really hapy with, i have no experience in photography what so ever (N) but i do have an ex photographer in the house if i get really stuck (dad, if i get stuck with the functions of the camera, although he has been out of the scene for a good couple of years now).

I am looking for a camera, that is at a low price, notihng ridiculous ! a camera that is good at taing "action shots", sometihng which is easy to master (i wont get lost amongst the many settings and features that ones camera does have), and also a camera that has quite a good mega pixel and zoom.

Thank you !

Any help, will be great help.

Nick Pyke :)

Ermm.. my dad had a 400D and sold it on ebay with all the equipment (N)

budget well im guessing around £400

Noob question : what do the numbers in the canon title mean (1000D, 500D, 350D) ?

i would recommend the d3000 i got one at christmas and its epic only downside [ only a dowside if u want to be shooting things that are long range] i would say is the lens are expensive as the af motor is in the lens not the body [correct me if i have it the wrong way around] like the older nikons but sigma have brought out a new 70-300 that works with d3000/d5000 and others [which is about 3Xs cheaper than the nikon 70-300 lens]

But i say get a D3000 cant go wrong for the price but if u have at least £500 get a D5000 as it has HD video as well :)

Edited by Nick Melson

i would recommend the d3000 i got one at christmas and its epic only downside [ only a dowside if u want to be shooting things that are long range] i would say is the lens are expensive as the af motor is in the lens not the body [correct me if i have it the wrong way around] like the older nikons but sigma have brought out a new 70-300 that works with d3000/d5000 and others [which is about 3Xs cheaper than the nikon 70-300 lens]

But i say get a D3000 cant go wrong for the price but if u have at least £500 get a D5000 as it has HD video as well :)

Ok thats gone straight over my head, motor in the lens ? im not looking to being doing any filming, just straight forward action shots, of people riding (Y) long range, at the most i would be 10m away from the object im trying to capture.

[quote name=Nick pyke :)' date='14 April 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1271249936' post='2115892]

Ok thats gone straight over my head, motor in the lens ? im not looking to being doing any filming, just straight forward action shots, of people riding (Y) long range, at the most i would be 10m away from the object im trying to capture.