My T-Mag...Shes Dead :(

alistair14

That frame is one of the ones without the gusset on the downtube bash mount, so that makes it 2005. It's done well to last 5 years! It's a common crack, I doubt many others of the 2005 batch have lasted this long.

That frame is one of the ones without the gusset on the downtube bash mount, so that makes it 2005. It's done well to last 5 years! It's a common crack, I doubt many others of the 2005 batch have lasted this long.

Im the second owner of it as well, so its done really well :D. I thought it was a 05 somehow, not sure how but i new it. They have gussets on the bashplate sections?

To be fair, this is exactly the reason I'm so put off getting a Deng frame (however nice some are). Ever since '06 it seems all the bashplate downtube mounts are just a simple nub and a weld. It's just not strong. What happened to the big gussets of old? ala.. 2004 Python, 2005/2006 Echo Team, Onza T-Pro, Koxx Levelboss, etc..?

The 08 GU Typhoon mods seemed to suffer from the bash-downtube mount death a lot too.