V'S With Decent Pads Or Maggies

Rowlly21

if you have onza vee's they tend to be not very good. my mate had a bike for 2 weeks worth of riding and the brake was completely slipping got it grinded then it slipped more! then it got stolen.

maggies are quite nice though. i dont know what pads your talking about :$ but im running heatsink maggies and they can squeek :rolleyes:

brilliant pads but been told that alot of pros are goin back to vee's. personal choice but if there is nothing wrong with the ones you have, dont waste your money :)

if you have a vee now it'd be worth investing and improving it. sd7 levers and calipers are great, invest in a decent set of cable cutters (i also i grind my cable housing ends flat by pushing them into the flat of an angle grinder) i love my vee! ive got tnn yellow pads, there pretty awesome. new cable every 2-3 months and they'll feel super nice.

hey, i run a shimano xt vee with rock blue vee pads on a grind and its unbelievably good, more bite and lock than any maggy iv ever used, id defo reccomend the rock pads, change cable every so often and you wont have any problems, easier to set up than a maggy imo aswell

These topics start wars. Let it be settled by saying it's your choice.

Maggies tend to be more on/off, whereas Vees can modulate.

Maggies are usually snappier, where Vees can have more power. (Edit: By "power", I mean hold.)

It's all about what you want (which depends upon your style of riding), and how you set it up.

Edited by aener