Rich Pearson Pro Trials Pt. 2 - Truro

Rich Pearson

Howdy all,

Following up from the professional profile mycornwall.tv shot of me last month, we've been commissioned to shoot 3 more short films about riding in Cornwall, and earlier today the Truro Street ride film went online, and here it is: Pt.2 - Truro

Shot by James Warner, Edited by Andy Sim and additionally starring Alex Dark and Elisha Jarrett. More to come!

Enjoy

Rich

P.S. Link to the last one for anyone interested Pt. 1 - Profile

Yeah was good, no doubt this is gonna spark some trouble, but you sound like a dick calling yourself a pro.

uh oh. I would assume its cause he spends most of his time doing / gets paid for it etc - but yeah spose its quite hard to qualify what makes someone 'pro' or not. Didn't think he really sounded like a dick saying it though - tad harsh.

Wasn't too keen on the slomo/b&w intro but otherwise that was brilliant mate - Left wanting more? I think so...

Mat, presumably since Rich actually makes enough money to get by from riding trials he's about as "professional" as it gets short of the fact he's still at uni as well, really.

• Like 1

I would imagine that the company would have asked him to say pro... The definition of professional in this context as far as I understand it is that it's what you earn your main source of income from - I'm not sure whether this is true of Rich but the main point is WHO GIVES A FLYING f**k?! It was a good video, stop whining :P

I would imagine that the company would have asked him to say pro... The definition of professional in this context as far as I understand it is that it's what you earn your main source of income from - I'm not sure whether this is true of Rich but the main point is WHO GIVES A FLYING f**k?! It was a good video, stop whining :P

Well said Jason! (Y)

Cheers for the replies guys, all of them :) Glad people are liking it.

On the subject of me calling myself "pro" or "professional," my response to that is kind of "What else do I call myself?" I make money (not quite a living, I in fact have 3 other jobs alongside what I do with Andrei and bikes) from what I do on my bike and its taken me a very long time to get to the level of being paid for what I do. I know it sounds pretentious and like I'm trying to big myself up, but I'm out in the public eye trying to get people to take trials as a sport more seriously and raise the profile of it. What am I supposed to say to people who are in the position to help promote the sport to the public; "Hi I'm Rich and I mess around on a bike," or "Hi, I'm Rich Pearson, Professional Trials Rider/Performer?" I get what you're saying Mat, but only in terms of understanding that I think you don't quite understand what it is that I actually do, if that makes sense lol :) The "Pro Trials" thing was actually the name they put on the piece themselves and nothing to do with me, although after what I've just said I can hardly say I dislike it.

And Luke, when they showed me the black-and-white-slow-mo-epic-music intro I actually burst out laughing in their office. It took me about 20minutes of explaining to get around that one.....

Thanks again, just been for a reccy with James (director of photography) at Secret Quarry just to have a look around and see what we could do, so all's shaping up well for the next one :)

Rich

On the subject of me calling myself "pro" or "professional," my response to that is kind of "What else do I call myself?" I make money (not quite a living, I in fact have 3 other jobs alongside what I do with Andrei and bikes) from what I do on my bike and its taken me a very long time to get to the level of being paid for what I do. I know it sounds pretentious and like I'm trying to big myself up, but I'm out in the public eye trying to get people to take trials as a sport more seriously and raise the profile of it. What am I supposed to say to people who are in the position to help promote the sport to the public; "Hi I'm Rich and I mess around on a bike," or "Hi, I'm Rich Pearson, Professional Trials Rider/Performer?" I get what you're saying Mat, but only in terms of understanding that I think you don't quite understand what it is that I actually do, if that makes sense lol :) The "Pro Trials" thing was actually the name they put on the piece themselves and nothing to do with me, although after what I've just said I can hardly say I dislike it.

Good answer haha. :)