What Is A Good First Trial'S Bike?

mdcuk

I'm thinking about getting a trials bike, which one?

My friends both have 20'' Onza's which i like, but in all the videos i have seen 24'' or 26'' trial bike seams to be the ones that every body use's.

I have bmx most of my life so i do have a good starting point on trials bikes any ways.

For a beginner what would you guys recommend?

Im 14, 10 stone, and about 5'5 ish.

please comment!

Onza bikes are a great place to start, really good value for money, well built and fairly decent parts :)

Agreed! Onza are great for starting out, but all depends on your budget really. The new Onza range looks amazing for the money, but you might want to look into second hand for a bit more bang for your buck, although wont be in new condition.

• Like 1

My friends both have 20'' Onza's which i like,

if you like them why not get one.

but in all the videos i have seen 24'' or 26'' trial bike seams to be the ones that every body use's.

i belive a lot of people start on mods then move onto stocks but alot of people stay on mods forever,

I have bmx most of my life so i do have a good starting point on trials bikes any ways.

another reason to get a mod.

For a beginner what would you guys recommend?

Im 14, 10 stone, and about 5'5 ish.

id say mate, get a mod , maybe a onza bird ( i heard is a great starting bike. but depends waht you got to spend

hope this helps/

• 4 weeks later...

I think that topic is quite informative!

I agree with the bit about beginners running the best they can afford. My first trials bike was a 26" Koxx Levelboss, Had that a couple months before buying a 26" Onza Limey 2. Wasn't long before I decided to go 20" though, and bought a Ciguena, which is an amazing 1st frame, good geo, lightish and incredibly strong!

Now running an Echo Lite 09, and really feeling the benifits of a decent frame, I feel I've progressed 10 fold since I got it!

If you don;t have the money just buy a cheepy online or yeah go for an Onza....(i started on an Onza the first t-rex from a bmx background)......you'll find as you get better parts will start to break and thats when you get nice tasty strong parts.....i think its always benifical to start on a crap bike cause it makes you a better rider in the long run and you'll deffo feel the difference when you start upgrading parts.....welcome to trials

(Y)

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=11225&category_id=10 - frigin ell cheep!...think about getting a HS33 on the back though....less maintenace/more pad choice/personal preferance i suppose

Edited by Stanners