Front Disc Wheel - Lacing Patterns?

Switching to a front disc setup for the first time and ordering my spokes tomorrow, I've got an onza sealed hub and an echo TR rim, 20"

What's the preferences for lacing patterns on a front disc wheel these days?

I think I'd rather take strength over saving a few grams,

Inspire me!

INB4 search function, I had a look but it's not the best search I've used if I'm honest. Plus posting this here means noobies can try to prove their worth, yes?

Hi,

New on here and to trials, but have been MTBing for a while and have built and trued a number of wheels.

How do trials bike wheels cope with the stretching stresses of a disk brake as well as the extra stresses of all that we do to them.

I have to say this is one of the reasons that I have gone for magies, along with what in my mind is an advantage with leverage.

Tim

As most people have said 3 cross is going to be the most durable. But there is a correct way to lace a disc wheel.

Remember that when braking on a disc hub it changes the spoke tension, and could cause the spokes to hit the disc caliper.

Make sure that the outside spoke (outbound) is running forward as you look at the disc side of the wheel and run the inside spoke

(inbound) behind. This will prevent the outbound spokes from dropping tension and will also press against the inbound spokes to

hold there tension and will reduce wheel flex . Also remember that many hub manufacturers require there hubs to be laced this way

also new on here but iv built many wheels for different areas of ridin and i myself ride bmx street n dirt and use a 3 cross pattern as many have already said to use as it is extremly strong and like it says above remember to follow the right spoke over so u dont hit the caliper.

If you're ordering it through us, it'll most likely be either 3 cross or 2 cross disc side, radial non disc. Seems to work pretty well (Y)

aye, you'll be getting a call in about 10 minutes :)

As most people have said 3 cross is going to be the most durable. But there is a correct way to lace a disc wheel.

Remember that when braking on a disc hub it changes the spoke tension, and could cause the spokes to hit the disc caliper.

Make sure that the outside spoke (outbound) is running forward as you look at the disc side of the wheel and run the inside spoke

(inbound) behind. This will prevent the outbound spokes from dropping tension and will also press against the inbound spokes to

hold there tension and will reduce wheel flex . Also remember that many hub manufacturers require there hubs to be laced this way

Cheers dude! That helped a lot

everybody else helped too, don't get me wrong :)

cheers for the replies!