Dj Memorial Ride Portsmouth 2010 - 22/23Rd May

Skoze

No.

Simp's just brought the Chelsea/ Pompey footy match to my attention, which is on the saturday. People still on for that weekend? Could shuffle it back a weekend, but then that's losing one of the main points of things!

Simp's just brought the Chelsea/ Pompey footy match to my attention, which is on the saturday. People still on for that weekend? Could shuffle it back a weekend, but then that's losing one of the main points of things!

Right.... Pompey have had a shit season, tens of millions in debt and this is there 1 chance to end the season with a high... all central Portsmouth will be off limits, there playing the game on the big screen in the centre, so all those pubs and practically the whole city centre will be well off limits and there will be hundreds of police down here to kick 50+ riders off in a heartbeat, were hardly very subtle riding are we!

I know the ride should be as close to the 14th but....

edit: not to mention pompey will lose! lol

Edited by Simpson

Right.... Pompey have had a shit season, tens of millions in debt and this is there 1 chance to end the season with a high... all central Portsmouth will be off limits, there playing the game on the big screen in the centre, so all those pubs and practically the whole city centre will be well off limits and there will be hundreds of police down here to kick 50+ riders off in a heartbeat, were hardly very subtle riding are we!

I know the ride should be as close to the 14th but....

edit: not to mention pompey will lose! lol

Its understandable to think that the ride should be around the 14th as the date is significant to DJ, but in the interests of perhaps moving the ride in the direction of a rather more all round memorial, I'd say the date shouldn't be too much of an issue. When you factor in the bloody hairdressers footballers as well, I'm fairly inclined to suggest the weekend after maybe.

Rich

Its understandable to think that the ride should be around the 14th as the date is significant to DJ, but in the interests of perhaps moving the ride in the direction of a rather more all round memorial, I'd say the date shouldn't be too much of an issue. When you factor in the bloody hairdressers footballers as well, I'm fairly inclined to suggest the weekend after maybe.

Rich

Having it on the following weekend means it won't clash with any comps as well.

Another vote for 22/23 May.

I would deffinatly recomend moving it back a weekend. I havent riden for god knows how long but may come along on the MTB and take some pics. But the 15th of May really wouldn't be a good idea to ride Portsmouth as the usually meeting point will probably be packed full of people watching the match on the big screen.

If its a saturday I cant make it... and doubt a few of the other guys here would be able to either.

Why change the normal day of riding from Sunday? Its always been a Sunday for this ride. I wont be able to do 23rd/30th may... I dont want to miss this though

Right, it's not ideal as it may mean Sam can't come, but everyone else seems to be alright with the following weekend - so 22/23rd it is, main ride being on the sunday.

Awesome! gives me a better chance of being able to attend as more time to get back to full fittness! I'll be there, pending if i can walk/ride by then.

Edited by nathie wafie