Homemade Trials Frame

frayroberts

Good effort ! :) not to sure on where the top tube goes down and just suddnely stops if you get me ?

if you read the news articles, the way you've positioned the paper it reads "blimey its*sepearate article*A new look!" LOL you may have meant to do this, but it made me chuckle :)

Thanks, I know I am not planning on riding it thats why I didnt include the braces, I made it for my AS engineering course and just had to come up with something a little different, and it is just a prototype so justs has to look right, I sort of ran short of time and didnt include braces and brake mounts.

What's it made of?

I like the idea but it just does'nt look safe, no offence.

Non taken, 1.2mm mild steel tubing as school couldnt weld aluminium, and the headtube is turned from a solid tube of mild steel then bored out

Not a bad first effort, but it looks a bit ghetto, and the welding looks somewhat whack. If you make anoother one, put a little more time into the design, and fabricating, make sure you use a good, square jig, and woork on your welding.

Here's one I made a few years ago. Fillet brazed 4130:

n791055157_4317453_9825.jpg

n791055157_4317452_9489.jpg

Edit: Also, don't forget triangles and straight lines are strongest.

Edited by NVWOCI WVS

It's just a prototype as this were the guidelines we had to follow. So therefore the frame just had to be produced with a different look to some on the market, not be produced to have to ride. That is why there are a few things up with it. Us as riders no this, but examiners don't have a clue.

If i were to make one to ride i would ensure everything was right, and yeah probably wouldnt use the curved tubes.

:D

Not a bad first effort, but it looks a bit ghetto, and the welding looks somewhat whack. If you make anoother one, put a little more time into the design, and fabricating, make sure you use a good, square jig, and woork on your welding.

Here's one I made a few years ago. Fillet brazed 4130:

n791055157_4317453_9825.jpg

n791055157_4317452_9489.jpg

Edit: Also, don't forget triangles and straight lines are strongest.

that looks like a old pashley!from a few years back :ermm: