Onza Blade 2010 Viper Green

stunt man t

Dammit so it's not going to be an off the shelf colour then :( don't fancy mixing me a can or two and I'll pay you for it? :D

if you defo want some then yh no probs

i got it free cus it was for me

ment to be £10 a can

but ill get staff discount + postage so will b like £12 to u i think?

pm me xx

it is standard vw viper green so u may be able to get it from the dealer??

Edited by stunt man t

if you defo want some then yh no probs

i got it free cus it was for me

ment to be £10 a can

but ill get staff discount + postage so will b like £12 to u i think?

pm me xx

it is standard vw viper green so u may be able to get it from the dealer??

OK mate, we'll I've got a mate who works for VW so I'll see what he can do, but if not i'll be in touch. You recommend using primer too? I'm guessing one can was enough for your frame?

OK mate, we'll I've got a mate who works for VW so I'll see what he can do, but if not i'll be in touch. You recommend using primer too? I'm guessing one can was enough for your frame?

i striped it, used 1 can of white primer, 1 can of that viper green (paint code is lr6t), then 1 can of clear lacquer (Y)

still got a tiny bit left of each though, so when i cut a hole in the steerer tube i can paint it ;)

THAT IS AMAZING!

Edited by stunt man t

This looks really nice can’t believe you got a great finish like that, nearly every re-sprayed bike I’ve seen on here has ended up looking shite but this actually looks like a really good finish. I would’ve of thought you had to use a proper compressor and sprayer to get it looking like that. Well done.

This looks really nice can’t believe you got a great finish like that, nearly every re-sprayed bike I’ve seen on here has ended up looking shite but this actually looks like a really good finish. I would’ve of thought you had to use a proper compressor and sprayer to get it looking like that. Well done.

i sprayed it on my dinner table in the living room

mum aint too happy :lol:

- Looked crap with white tyres....

- Then looks good with the black tyres...

-Now just looks amazing, im soo jealous!!

The green is such a nice colour.

im so glad i choose the colour,

stoped people asking "where's the seat?"

instead they were asking if the paint was from the scirocco or the fiesta/focus ST???

(the fiesta is slightly darker, more 'olivy' if you no wht i mean?) lol

i made a topic to ask people what to do with it.... and i realy appreciate the advice i got cus i would of left it 'raw'

very much appreciate what members of this forum think...

and even if it didnt turn out good i could allways strip it again ;)

got a can of 'ford hot magenta' which is on the 2008 -> fiesta

which im gonna use in winter as its darker then the green, and the green is more of a summer colour,

plus i dont realy like the frame so i dont mind killing it... atleast i can practice rails on this with out worrying ill brake it

as it was only £120 (joe loves me :P ) and cus he told me hed let me have a proto 2010 ice frame, but when i got to super cycles he wouldnt let me have it :(

i love joe though, he got me my first bike (2005 t-mag spec 2) and allways sorted cheap parts and pads... i wouldnt ride trials if it wasnt for him or super cycles...

so you could even say if it wasnt for him id never have this bike ;) and it bye far the best ive had, spec and colour coded...

better then my 2005 t-vee/ chrome t-mag spec 2/ t-pro ultimate/ onza t-master (slinger proto)/ GU 2008/ ice proto blue and white parts :)

but im still gonna kill this as i want a higher bb/ shorter wheel base....

cant wait till monday as a pair of tryall tyres will come :)

and then next monday il get the reset bb sorted so itll fit and a echo SL headset...

atm it weighs 8.2kg which is alot more then i aimed

if you look at the spec all the parts are much lighter then ALL of the 'rockman manus's' in bike pics

but its still heavier :S

if you can think of a reason why id be very greatful if you told me :wub:

xxxxxx

- Looked crap with white tyres....

- Then looks good with the black tyres...

-Now just looks amazing, im soo jealous!!

The green is such a nice colour.

its not finished yet ;)

Edited by stunt man t

If you are looking to save weight, you could probably shave weight on the inner tubes, change to sellotape rim tape, ti/alloy bolts, cut a whole in the headtube but none of that's going to greatly effect it. The tyre change will likely change it by a fair bit and then of coarse you can cut some tread off too.

If you are looking to save weight, you could probably shave weight on the inner tubes, change to sellotape rim tape, ti/alloy bolts, cut a whole in the headtube but none of that's going to greatly effect it. The tyre change will likely change it by a fair bit and then of coarse you can cut some tread off too.

im going to leave them as they are, then once ive changed the headset and bb im gonna leave it as it is

i am gonna cut the streer tube but i havnt decided how exactly yet, something like the akali,

TYRES COME TODAY!!!! :D