Brake Pad Compounds, What Pad For What Use?

Right just some advice needed really on what pads are for what use.

I have looked on TartyBikes and can understand what the pads they sell are used for, mainly because they tell you.

I have some Magura Red pads, what compound are these, and what are they meant to be used for, I looked on the Magura website but it didn't really help.

Also could anyone tell me what the other compounds are commonly used for (like ground rims etc.)

The other pads are:

• Black
  • Grey
  • Green

Thanks for the help.

I have looked on TartyBikes and can understand what the pads they sell are used for, mainly because they tell you.

I have some Magura Red pads, what compound are these, and what are they meant to be used for, I looked on the Magura website but it didn't really help.

Also could anyone tell me what the other compounds are commonly used for (like ground rims etc.)

The other pads are:

• Black
  • Grey
  • Green

Thanks for the help.

magura pads are pretty lame to be honest, get yourself a proper trials oriented pad like the heatsink coust pads, or the TNN lgm pads :)

I recently made the switch to heatsink pads with CNC backings, so happy I did

yea i got the yellow heatsinks for heatsink.com an he gave me some sweets because he sent them let but the pads works a treat. i had them on my onza t-comp for about year an half an aint gone down much an i got grinded rims on both bikes just run them on the back of both my trials bikes now don't really need them on the front

The other pads are:

• Black
  • Grey
  • Green

Thanks for the help.

From Chain Reaction

• Black - Standard pads suitable for all rims offering good performance and good wear in most conditions.

• Grey - Standard pads designed to work better on anodised or ceramic coated rims offering good wear in most conditions.

• Kool stop(Red) - Performance pads for all polished rims offering greater stopping power particularly in dry conditions.

• Green Frog - Performance pads for all hard anodized(black) and ceramic rims offering greater stopping power particularly in wet conditions.

Chain Reaction