Another (Committed!) Inspired...

AdamR28

Why would anyone want a 20" Inspired? Isn't that basically a bmx but with good brakes?

To be honest, with the strength of the Inspired brand and Danny's success it probably wouldn't be a bad idea in the business sense. It would have to be something a little different though if Dave did it, not just a long, low lump with Inspired stickers on it. I doubt it'll happen in the near future but I wouldn't rule it out.

why! why why? does people go beak to 22/18 gear

???

23:17.

Wanted to have a bit more flexibility, a stiffer rear end setup, and to use parts made by companies I like. Larger sprockets also put less stress on my chain which is something I'm aware of with riding brakeless more than ever.

aint that the same as saying about the inspired and the 26" inspired...

Not in any way at all. An Inspired 20" bike doesn't really make sense, whereas the 26" Inspired is just effectively an alternative version of the Fourplay. You can't really ever make a 20" bike ride in the same way.

why! why why? does people go beak to 22/18 gear

???

after every one! swiched to 18/15 gear... even street trial riders

why did you(and ali c) went beak to 22/18 ?if your using a trialtek kranks with speacl cog

and not some rendom trovtiv or shimano xt??? that just come that way

Big front rings are where its at....

22:18 for me.

Im loving the blue showing through around the bb rolleyes.gif

Big front rings are where its at....

22:18 for me.

Im loving the blue showing through around the bb rolleyes.gif

[/quote

really manuel?

dont you ride with Middleburn Cranks with TNN Engineering One-Piece UCI Bashring

that comes in 16t/18t

"Larger sprockets also put less stress on my chain which is something I'm aware of with riding brakeless more than ever."

thats true i feel it too now that im going breakless (maybe peaple will go back to 22/18 now with the more getto 24/26 streety bike thats coming back to us

Took the disc mount off my forks...

Fair play! That's definite commitment to staying committed!

...put on a Hope 70x25 stem...

Looks perfect for a Fourplay - will 25 deg rise Hope stems be available from Tarty any time soon?

A seat clamp is of no use to me as mine is integrated, but if you fancy £15 for the stem I'll wing it over to you shortly (Y)

Had to take the brakes back of my bike again yesterday after killing the spring tension bolts (AGAIN!) and we had a little 3 hour shred. Think I may be back in brakeless mode for another month or two! Need to work on my more "static" brakelessness but otherwise I'm loving it again :D

Doing lines where you have to commit 'cos you're brakeless are fun, but I do like the challenge of doing the more static stuff, especially on the back wheel. It was funny learning to do accurate turning backhops brakeless, have to do it in a sorta different way. Doing wheelswaps to back wheel and stuff like that are rad too - there's a lot of situations where you think "That's going to loop" but it doesn't. It's amazing what you can get away with.

• 1 month later...

98% rawed (ran out of Nitromors right at the end. 30+ miles of driving to find somewhere that had it in stock = failbus. West Yorkshire, you're shit!), new spoke tensioner, tweaked the footjam plate, and... er... new sticker, I guess.

img4573e.jpg

img4574.jpg

img4575.jpg

img4576i.jpg

img4580i.jpg

It looks really nice Mark, but why is everyone going brakeless, sure it might be fun, but defeats the whole point of trials, i don't think i'll try it, i aint got the guts lol.

Nice bike though.

Kieran

Sort of answered your own question there.

I'd say that even though I don't have brakes on my bike, in that I ride natural about 95% of the time I do more 'trials' than TGSers queueing up to sidehop up the same wall every Saturday. Just my opinion though, eh? ;) Equally, if you watch Ali's video, it's still possible to do 'trials' moves on a bike without brakes. Same goes for if you watch Rowan's brakeless video from last year.

I envy your patience with people Mark. Why why why why why why would do my tits in after a while.

LOVE the raw. Well done.

I guess you use thin sole shoes? I used to use chunky skate f**kers and doing whips on my 24 was no problem without a kick plate. Mind you, I did have a brake. I really dont know whether to laugh or commend you on that idea. Suppose ill wait to see what the majority say.

It's purely down to having a brake or not. Because I don't, the only way you can stop the tyre is to put all your force into the back of the fork leg to stop the tyre, and if there's a big chasm there then your foot's going to get sucked into it. I wear size 10 shoes and they glide through that gap in a pretty painful way, so I'd rather have to run a bit of carbon fibre there and be able to do more stuff on it rather than not run the plate and not be able to do them. Pretty clear-cut choice.

Mountainbikers at Lee Quarry are about 1000x worse than anyone on here (and also speak with that West Yorkshire/Lancastrian accent - f**king infuriating), and bearing in mind I ride there quite often you develop quite a lot of patience with people.

Not trying to cause a stir, simply wondering, but what do you see as "the point of trials"?

Well, since most trials tricks use brakes like gaps, front gaps etc. I just thought trials was more about brakes, i mean if you want brakeless why not BMX? Sorry, as usual im probably wrong, sorry guys :lol:

Sort of answered your own question there.

I'd say that even though I don't have brakes on my bike, in that I ride natural about 95% of the time I do more 'trials' than TGSers queueing up to sidehop up the same wall every Saturday. Just my opinion though, eh? ;) Equally, if you watch Ali's video, it's still possible to do 'trials' moves on a bike without brakes. Same goes for if you watch Rowan's brakeless video from last year.

Oh right :lol: , sorry, i just thought as i said, that trials tricks mainly have brakes, i mean if you want brakeless, BMX is a good option. Just my opinion though. Gotta admit though without wires going up and down the bike it looks better, nice bike and sorry, about dissing brakeless riders :lol: .