Stan Shaw - Brakeless

Stan Shaw

As well as it being on an old frame, part of the reason Stan had to make this video is because he's progressing so fast this stuff would be almost obsolete in comparison with what he's doing now. It's been cool watching Stan go from his "Bambi learning to walk" phase when he first went brakeless to the beast he's becoming now. Pretty much every ride Stan's done something that's amazed me, so this video had to come out now or this cool footage would've never seen the light of day.

Sweet vid anyway dude, was a pleasure to film for you (Y)

Thanks mate. I remember that ride in Blackpool oh so well! My god that was a strange ride, if I remember correctly I think you took both your brakes off mid-ride because they were failing or something and then the fun began. The last couple of months riding has been some of the best fun I've had on a bike (apart from your mum) in years. :P

really good vid stan !!! loved the chilled one of you and mark at the quarry too...

soooo smooth !!

i broke both brakes on my little dirt jump hardtail , then started riding that brakless, then put a trials gear ratio on.

with a really stiff roughly 2" travel fork, its AMAZINGLY fun !!

i got a bit too into it though and did a horrid faceplant, resulting in a fractured jaw, a massive hole in my face and 2 days of concussion all with no health insurance.

but your video just reassured me, its time to get back on that bike !!

say hi to all the tarty crew !!

iolo.