Echo Sl Forks

Franksx2005

i think its cause you got the maggy mount ones ... ive been riding silver disc only forks since christmans and ther absolutely fine ... but i dont know im only 10 stone so time will tell

i like cheese :P

I was running them with a disk, i dont think the fork design is different to the disk only ones, just got the maggie mounts welded on. Unless the process of welding the maggie mounts on has weakened the fork then it shouldnt make a difference.

That Echo looks f**king hot!

Which echo is it? :D

Cheers :) its an 09 Echo Control.

That pic was from last summer, i snapped them within 2 months of buying them, warranty is 3 months i believe, Tarty gave me a refund so i put up the extra cash and bought the Trialtech disk only forks instead.

Edited by wally

Don't they always just do that? Doing some dinky common maneuver, and they just peel off the front. I say peel because that was always what it felt like to me. They get spongy for a split second, and then you just watch in slow motion as the metal just tears away around the leg or crown weld.

Happend to a pair of handlebars once while I was just starting a nose wheelie down a board that sloped from a 6 foot spool to the ground. They just peeled off at the stem clamp... barely missed my collar bone on my way to headbutting the ground 6 feet below. :P

Hope you didn't hit the ground too hard when these broke.

I was running them with a disk, i dont think the fork design is different to the disk only ones, just got the maggie mounts welded on. Unless the process of welding the maggie mounts on has weakened the fork then it shouldnt make a difference.

The maggie mounts give the fork a stress riser at that point, not always an issue but on a set of lightweight forks it can be. It's the same way a lot of Urbans/etc go in the same place.

Don't they always just do that? Doing some dinky common maneuver, and they just peel off the front.

With aluminium, because they accumulate the stresses of riding (can't remember the proper term: I lose), it just means that if they're going to break, it can be on any sized move. I guess it seems like they go on smaller moves just because for the majority of people, you're going to be doing relatively smaller/medium sized moves most of the time, then big moves less frequently. As a result, they've just got more chance of going on a smaller move because you're more likely to be doing one.

Looks like the result of kinetic force/energy. I've seen amazing scientific tests of kinetic force/energy melt forged iron and steel.

:huh:

I'm glad someone else is noticing the complete and utter bollocks that's coming out of this guy lately...

I'm stockpiling all of those quotes to release them as some sort of cheap compendium just before Christmas, marketing it as some kind of "Would you believe it?" type stocking-filler book.

rofl i actually did as well!!!