What To Do

Happydaze

Hi, I have a dilemma

I am one of the worst trials riders you will see, I ride a mod, I love my bike but I bash it bad. If I see something Ill have a go 9 times out of 10 I fail, the bike suffers.

My dilemma is this, do I switch to a 24 or 26 as things are easier to roll up or just take it on the chin that I am crap and regardless of what bike I ride it will not help. I refuse to try other peoples bikes as I am concerned I will do it damage, I have tried 26 on the ground but not trying going up stuff due to the lack of skills. But I love my Mod, its battered but its looked after it wants for nothing. I have an ambition to go on a ride and not look stupid. I know a lot of you ride different bikes so whats the key? love what i got or go to the dark side aka big wheels.

Answer it honestly you wont hurt my feelings

Thanks

AL

Hi, I have a dilemma

I am one of the worst trials riders you will see, I ride a mod, I love my bike but I bash it bad. If I see something Ill have a go 9 times out of 10 I fail, the bike suffers.

My dilemma is this, do I switch to a 24 or 26 as things are easier to roll up or just take it on the chin that I am crap and regardless of what bike I ride it will not help. I refuse to try other peoples bikes as I am concerned I will do it damage, I have tried 26 on the ground but not trying going up stuff due to the lack of skills. But I love my Mod, its battered but its looked after it wants for nothing. I have an ambition to go on a ride and not look stupid. I know a lot of you ride different bikes so whats the key? love what i got or go to the dark side aka big wheels.

Answer it honestly you wont hurt my feelings

Thanks

AL

im just as bad mate

i ride a mod, rubbish on anything bigger cant even balance

but i dont care cus i enjoy myself on my pride and joy ;)

I'm terrible too! But I ride for the challenge, the fun, and to try to get better

tell us more, how tall are you and what bike do you ride? I rode a short monty and i'm 6ft, As soon as I switched to a longer zoo python things felt way easier and I'm starting to push myself again

dont run before you can walk... I ride with a total noob. And he isnt ruining his bike pounching abouve his weight. I think you should stick with what you have but try and refine you technique on smaller things. I know this is easier said than done!

My motto is.. i'd rather go smaller with style than big and it look a mess.. ' but thats just me. Its all well and good trying new things, but to me it sounds like your biting off far more than you can chew.

Sorry for all the metaphors lol

Well in answer to the questions asked I ride a 2009 onza blade with echo forks, I belive its a long.

As for keeping to walk before you can run, the logic is there and I keep that frame of mind for at least 10 minutes when riding, then the evil being takes over and I think of something that would be cool to do, then a crash follows shortly after. Im a fool to myself trying stuff I cant do but its in my blood and the rush of actually doing it is worth the cock ups prior to it.

For a start, stop being so negative about yourself. It never helps!

Ride another riders stock and 24". See what they feel like to mess around on, then choose your decision around that. (Y)

EDIT: Your bike should measure to 1015. (Short)

Edited by Borat

Well in answer to the questions asked I ride a 2009 onza blade with echo forks, I belive its a long.

As for keeping to walk before you can run, the logic is there and I keep that frame of mind for at least 10 minutes when riding, then the evil being takes over and I think of something that would be cool to do, then a crash follows shortly after. Im a fool to myself trying stuff I cant do but its in my blood and the rush of actually doing it is worth the cock ups prior to it.

calm down then? spend time with palets, the learning curve for trials is steep, then it gets steeper >_< take your time and ride in your limits untill you ride to a reasonable standard.