Avid Bb5 + Bb7

you can adjust each pad separately on the bb5 though.

and you can get the bb5 working amazing

No you can't.

You can on the bb7. The bb7 would prob be slightly better. To be honest the are both rubbish in my opinion but then thats just me.

Edited by mods

To be honest the are both rubbish in my opinion but then thats just me.

They're the best cable operated disc brakes in the world, fact.

Just to clarify - the BB7 allows you to move both pads inwards individually by just turning the knobs.

The BB5 only lets you adjust the inside pad, the outer pad is fixed. Less moving parts = less money..

If used with the same compound of pads and the same rotor the preformance will be identical!

The BB7 really only helps when the pads wear down and you must move them inwards.

No you can't.

You can on the bb7. The bb7 would prob be slightly better. To be honest the are both rubbish in my opinion but then thats just me.

Yes you can, it just doesn't have the quick adjust knob. You adjust it with the cable like you would other brakes, this makes them more solid feeling.

Yes you can, it just doesn't have the quick adjust knob. You adjust it with the cable like you would other brakes, this makes them more solid feeling.

thats what i mean, you can adjust the inside pad with the knob, and the outside pad with the cable. there is an adjuster on the caliper for the cable and then one on the lever. ( or if you have a XTR lever 2) hehe

Edited by zoo python luke

thats what i mean, you can adjust the inside pad with the knob, and the outside pad with the cable. there is an adjuster on the caliper for the cable and then one on the lever. ( or if you have a XTR lever 2) hehe

Exactually, people are to quick to dismiss BB5's but i find them much MUCH!!! better.