Trials Park Design, What Makes Good Riding?

Theo

Ok, using some prize money that I won, (£10,000) the plan is to build a trials bit in my local park - Hebden Bridge.

After speaking to the council they have asked for some plans / designs. Whilst I was drawing them out I realised how much I was struggling as I am still only a few months in to the sport.

Could anyone give me some ideas to help me make an ideal STREET trials area. The natural will be separate and designed later on.

The council only asked for a simple draft of the sort of things I was after that stated the exact location of the area, the height and a rough size. Here is what I have managed so far and it would be great if people could add ideas and correct anything that just wouldn't work for trials in my design.

This is the Google maps link to where the area might be. So far the idea is to have it next to the skate park where the non grassy patch is.

google maps link

this is my design:

sv104361.jpg

So summarised, the basic question is: With a 10 grand budget, and a small area of land, please give me extra ideas and really good riding situations for street riding that I could include in my design.

Thanks!

Theo

oh yeah, and please don't bite my head off :P

Edited by Theo

if i was you id check out barrow farm, fantastic venue and a bit of everything for everyone. there website is something like radicalbikes.co.uk use some inspiration from there..

Yeah same with lee mill quarry and fort william they all use a natural and man made sections. :lol:

Get on to Ali C, he's from Hebden and is likely to be pleased to help design some stuff. Will be worthwhile consulting someone who has been riding for a while so they can help you design some more advanced obstacles to cater for all abilities.

if i was you id check out barrow farm, fantastic venue and a bit of everything for everyone. there website is something like radicalbikes.co.uk use some inspiration from there..

thanks for this, will do!

Get on to Ali C, he's from Hebden and is likely to be pleased to help design some stuff. Will be worthwhile consulting someone who has been riding for a while so they can help you design some more advanced obstacles to cater for all abilities.

Yep, Ali has said he will help. I was hoping he will read this as he isnt the best at replying to PM's :lol:

shit load of concrete lintils concrete pipes build big blocks like pallets better if they are concrete to lol :lol: some big metal drums

get a full coulour drawing the concrete would make it look clean and tidy so nothing for any old farts to complain about make sure you put atleast one bench in so that if and sexii ladies are passing and fancy looking at some burly lads doing amazing shizzle :giggle::-:P

Ali's demo'ing in Scotland for the next 2-3 weeks, so that won't help his PM replying.

For inspiration, maybe talk to Tony Lund from Lee Quarry? There's plenty of rad stuff to ride up there so speaking to Tony might give you an idea about what you can realistically afford to do for the price.

Other than that, get more slopey stuff in there - just blocks isn't much fun for long, whereas making it a bit more irregular gives you a bit more scope to play around with.