I Hate Halfords

deeco

ok so i need to put my new hub on my wheel

i stripped the tyre tube and rim tape and un screwed sum of the spokes but i got confused and didnt want to hurt my baby lol

so i sent the mother up to halfords with it and they said they couldnt do it for me because they didnt have something or watever now i dont know what to do

how do i get it done ?

Edited by deeco

i stripped the tyre tube and rim tape and un screwed sum of the spokes but i got confused and didnt want to hurt my baby lol

so i sent the mother up to halfords with it and they said they couldnt do it for me because they didnt have something or watever now i dont know what to do

how do i get it done ?

I would build it for you, if you lived anywhere close lol

how do i get it done ?

Send the whole lot to tarty. They will sort that out no problem .

No no no, check out the wiki. You'll feel great after you've done it yourself. If not, a local bike shop which isn't Halfords should be able to help.

Seriously just learn to do it yourself, it really isn't difficult. :P

There's that echo again :P

i would but dont have the money to pay for new shiz if/when i brake my little monster

I dunno how old/confident you are, but I built my first wheel when I was 13 because I didn't have the cash to get it done by a shop. I was shitting myself but in the end I took it slow and made sure I understood what I was doing before I did it and afterwards it was fine. It's very unlikely you'll screw up if you make sure you understand it first.

BTW: The echo comment was just because Muel has said the same thing as me once before today :)

I was also 13 when I built my first wheel.

Follow this whilst also looking at your other wheel to give you an idea of what its supposed to look like and you should get on pretty well. All you need is a spoke key (about £5), go for the 3in1 type as they give you more versatility to build other wheels aswell due to there being 3 sizes of nipple key on it, and a flat screwdriver. If you are unsure, practise on an old wheel first by taking it apart and putting it back together again, this is what I did and my wheelbuilds turn out pretty good.

ok i am going to give it ago later on so i can join the elite 13 first build team lol

i should be fine pray for me lol

if i mess up all use who said to do it myself can chip in and buy me a new wheel lol

Edited by deeco

If you have a spare wheel about, which has the same spoke pattern (2 cross, 3cross, or even radial) and has the same amount of spokes, copy it!

Of course you can get an idea from a wheel which has a slightly disimilar build compared to yours, but even that will help.

Another idea, once you've laced it up upload some pictures on to here so people can check it for you.