My Onza T-Rex Project

Tux07

ignore the gears

SPEC SO FAR:

'05 onza t-rex frame

fall guy forks

rear halo combat (with poxy shimano m475 hub) an a 16t single speed kit (may change cog size)

front sun rims rhyno light cnc sides-- now has new axle (matching poxy shimano unit)

front magura hs??

onza non-sealed internal headset

funn bars an stem (longer stem soon be brought from forteh, cheers dude)

lock-on grips

crank brothers 50:50 pedals

tms 140m axle isis bb

try-all isis cranks

PARTS TO FINISH:

bash ring

fixed 18t cog

rear hs magura (soon to be purchsed too)

brake clamps F+R (undecided)

chain

twin jockey wheel tensioner (prob tensile model)

brake pads

post-25822-127430547748_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tux07

• 3 weeks later...

They're a decent frame. Nice and strong, pretty good shape just a tad on the heavy side. Mind you for £70 i wouldn't be worried about cutting holes all over the place... oh wait, i have! :D

My other thought was belt sanding a load of metal from the tubes to thin them down a bit and try to save some weight on it that way. Just too damn lazy to de-build the thing.

• 2 weeks later...

hi ... i was gunna build me one of theese cuase you can get the frame for £70 new on ebay

thats what made me want it lol, that an the fact a lad i know (paul averil) used to ride for onza and helped design it

They're a decent frame. Nice and strong, pretty good shape just a tad on the heavy side. Mind you for £70 i wouldn't be worried about cutting holes all over the place... oh wait, i have! :D

My other thought was belt sanding a load of metal from the tubes to thin them down a bit and try to save some weight on it that way. Just too damn lazy to de-build the thing.

i'm really not fussed about weight, lighter=weaker, if i find the bike to heavy hen i'll work up the strength

you got any more parts for it mate?

bet it would be epic with a good spec

just had a wheel but slow goin at mo (thanks labour for screwing our country)

will be changing pic for a more recent one----prob tonight

Edited by Tux07

I can help you with the stem, got an FSA one that will suit the frame alittle better, not perfect but better than you have, pretty sure its 110x5 or 6*. Free if you want to come collect from lichfield. Also got a singlespeed chain that should sort you out, it didnt run cleanly over my sprockets so if it fits yours you can have it :)

Got a whole load of old/spare parts that you can try/beg/borrow if it helps you get up and running.

edit: I also know paul from back when I was at uni in stafford, if you see him remind him of ed on the yellow santacruz chameleon :)

Edited by forteh

I can help you with the stem, got an FSA one that will suit the frame alittle better, not perfect but better than you have, pretty sure its 110x5 or 6*. Free if you want to come collect from lichfield. Also got a singlespeed chain that should sort you out, it didnt run cleanly over my sprockets so if it fits yours you can have it :)

Got a whole load of old/spare parts that you can try/beg/borrow if it helps you get up and running.

edit: I also know paul from back when I was at uni in stafford, if you see him remind him of ed on the yellow santacruz chameleon :)

i've seen him twice in the last 3 years, he's on that facebook bollocks, i thinks he's riding a pace these days

cheer but i think 110mm is too long i'll be doin street mainly so prob go for something around 70-90

pm a list of what you got as i get paid at end o month

Edited by Tux07

i've seen him twice in the last 3 years, he's on that facebook bollocks, cheer but i think 110mm is too long i'll be doin street mainly so prob go for something around 70-90

but pm a list of what you got as i get paid at end o month

To be honest Ive not seen him since I left uni, that was best part of 9 years ago now....

I think youll find it will be about right for the frame, with the riser bars it should give quite a nice front end. Youre welcome to try it and make your own decision though :)

Im not sure exactly what I have and havent got, I do know Ive got a mono trial front brake spare (185 disk) and some heatsink veedapters if youre so inclined.

To be honest Ive not seen him since I left uni, that was best part of 9 years ago now....

I think youll find it will be about right for the frame, with the riser bars it should give quite a nice front end. Youre welcome to try it and make your own decision though :)

Im not sure exactly what I have and havent got, I do know Ive got a mono trial front brake spare (185 disk) and some heatsink veedapters if youre so inclined.

have a mooch on facebook he should be on there, yh i'll drop you a pm closer to payday an we could meet up i've never really had super long stems so unsusre of having he weight that far forwards but i may prefer it, i just dont know lol

got a front maggie sorted an went off vee's a long time ago

i know i sound ungrateful but i want to get the main spec right to save money in long run like just replacing pads tyres etc as they wear, i'll never be good enough to snap a frame (only ever snap 2 x-ces's and a 2.six (saracens lol) or probably any other parts, i just enjoy having a bounce around

oh is the stem for 31.8 bars

Edited by Tux07

have a mooch on facebook he should be on there, yh i'll drop you a pm closer to payday an we could meet up i've never really had super long stems so unsusre of having he weight that far forwards but i may prefer it, i just dont know lol

got a front maggie sorted an went off vee's a long time ago

i know i sound ungrateful but i want to get the main spec right to save money in long run like just replacing pads tyres etc as they wear, i'll never be good enough to snap a frame (only ever snap 2 x-ces's and a 2.six (saracens lol) or probably any other parts, i just enjoy having a bounce around

oh is the stem for 31.8 bars

I was always the same with long stems, I always ran short stubby ones on my mountainbikes (from my bmx days) but for trials it makes quite alot of difference to the amount of control on the back wheel. Even got a reasonably long stem on my santacruz now (100/110mm I think).

Fair comment on the parts, nothing wrong with getting it right first time, the trex is bombproof so you wont brake it, might want to swap frame to try different geometry but thats not a major hassle once you have the rest of the bits.

The stem I have is for 31.8mm bars.

I was always the same with long stems, I always ran short stubby ones on my mountainbikes (from my bmx days) but for trials it makes quite alot of difference to the amount of control on the back wheel. Even got a reasonably long stem on my santacruz now (100/110mm I think).

Fair comment on the parts, nothing wrong with getting it right first time, the trex is bombproof so you wont brake it, might want to swap frame to try different geometry but thats not a major hassle once you have the rest of the bits.

The stem I have is for 31.8mm bars.

i'll have the stem don't get paid till 28th but will get in touch then