Keeping The Neighbours Happy

David 200909

Hiya.

My neighbours are complaining about the noise my back brake is making when I'm out practicing.

I can see where they're coming from. My local practice area is a concrete jungle and is surounded by high flats and the squeak from my brake echos really badly.

My set up is. 33 maggy, heatsink CNCed backings with Coust pads on a medium grind. Brilliant brake but what a racket it makes.

I understand where the noise is coming from (the pads vibrating against the rim) and I've tried adjusting the pads angle, which does work but that affects brake performance.

Could anyone tell me if there's another way of quieting it down a bit please.

David.

Aberdeen

trial to live--live to trial

Trialist don't die. They just Drop-off

Edited by David 200909

Hiya.

My neighbours are complaining about the noise my back brake is making when I'm out practicing.

I can see where they're coming from. My local practice area is a concrete jungle and is surounded by high flats and the squeak from my brake echos really badly.

My set up is. 33 maggy, heatsink CNCed backings with Coust pads on a medium grind. Brilliant brake but what a racket it makes.

I understand where the noise is coming from (the pad vibrating against the rim) and I've tried adjusting pad angle, which does work but that affects brake performance.

Could anyone tell me if there's another way of quieting it down a bit please.

David.

Aberdeen

trial to live--live to trial

Trialist don't die. They just Drop-off

Boosters can reduce vibration.

my mate has a echo SL booster on his zoo! python with tnn pads and there very loud

hate to think what it would sound like if he didnt have the booster :giggle:

personaly i dont think about my neighbours

i dont complain when there making noises in there gardens etc

Edited by stunt man t

It's a toughie. A noisy brake is a good brake. Any attempt to quite it down it's just going to make it crap. I guess you could change the pads when you ride there.

Rear disc is probably your best option. Not the cheapest though.