What Am I Doing Wrong?

stunt man t

ive basicaly built a bike from scratch, new frame, bars, brakes, wheels etc

i went on a ride last week and found that the rear brake was aweful, no hold no bite etc due to the pads i had and the flex i could see when i pulled the lever (set-up was echo red pads which were free with the full TR rim brake, which i seperated and made a longer hose to make it a rear as it was a front brake, TR mounts, ground onza diamond rim with tar)

so i ordered off tarty yesturday morning TNN pads, echo SL 2-bolt booster, silver original magura clamps....

i watched a video on youtube from TNN about how to set-up the brake (file the mounts etc) which i have done (Y)

i ordered yesturday morning and paid tarty for a saturday delivery so i can ride this weekend and they come at 8am :D

(tartybikes can not be beat with customer service, never bin disappointed)

but when i started to fit the mounts the bolts that the magura clamps come with wernt long enuf to thread into the frame :S

even the TR bolts are longer then the magura bolts and i no the standard bolts should be longer as you use a washer and the TR clamps dont so if you use the standard botls on TR clamps they bottom out and dont tighten... hence the shorter bolt

so i went back to the TR clamps and fitted the booster

BUT my brake is still shocking!!! :(

can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?? im realy realy fed up and i feel like crying as i paid £30 for a saturday delivery and i still cant ride the bloody thing i spent over 3 months wages on getting it to the spec i wanted :(

i might go slit my wrists :P

seriously though..

please help :)

give it time to bed in properly!!

i thought that as it was silent at first the i rode aronud the block and it got louder and more bitey :)

im just worried incase it might be some thing else??

does it sound like ive done everything i should?

i still dont get why the bolts off the 'original; magura mounts arnt long enough?

and they use a 5mm allen key???

and what the f**k are the braize-on kit for???

ive never need to use one?

i wanted to fit the magura mounts so i cud set the pads perfect but i gotta use the TR clamps....

i must say though, the TNN video has helped alot since i filed the mounts down the pads are more inline then they were before i filed them and ive bin told they must be set-up perfectly to the rim?

try sanding the current surface off the pad then try again and re bed it back in

there brand new

got them today :)

Edited by stunt man t

i thought that as it was silent at first the i rode aronud the block and it got louder and more bitey :)

im just worried incase it might be some thing else??

does it sound like ive done everything i should?

i still dont get why the bolts off the 'original; magura mounts arnt long enough?

and they use a 5mm allen key???

and what the f**k are the braize-on kit for???

ive never need to use one?

i wanted to fit the magura mounts so i cud set the pads perfect but i gotta use the TR clamps....

i must say though, the TNN video has helped alot since i filed the mounts down the pads are more inline then they were before i filed them and ive bin told they must be set-up perfectly to the rim?

there brand new

got them today :)

sand them, it helps them bed in quicker!

just get rid of the currrent surface, if their brand spanking new get rid of the shiny surface on the pad.

Edited by josh barker