Graphite Pedals

Lokoxx

Hi all,

Im thinking on testing out a pair of graphite pedals. They look the same as the Wellgo Magnesium MG-1 pedals, but the material is graphite. They weight 350g the pair, are really nice, and I want to see how they work.

The pedals are a compound of nylon and fiber glass

Do you think graphite is too fragile? Has anyone tryied them out, or knows anything which could help me about graphite?

Regards lads

Edited by Lokoxx

graphite !, must be treated surely? why not just stick to the wellgo's?

Firstly because of cash, and secondly because it´s important to try out new ideas and new materias, in order to determine if they are valid to trials or not... innovation is really important!

Graphite is pencil lead, which is pretty brittle.

It's probably a different type of graphite, but still, it doesn't inspire thoughts of strength.

It will deffo be a graphite compound, magnesium is affectively cheese metal, thats why they have magnesium compound pedals etc. silly to think it would be 100% graphite :S

Firstly because of cash, and secondly because it´s important to try out new ideas and new materias, in order to determine if they are valid to trials or not... innovation is really important!

fair, enough. I can se where you are coming from and i guess they would have been tested. You never know may be the future as it must be fairly cheap for the materials

Yeah, 100% graphite would be retarded.

Graphite's made of carbon, right? Why not just call them... carbon pedals? Much more reassuring!

yes, many people will jump to the conclusion of pencil pedals

haha well, yes, it sound stupid the name of graphite pedals, it was just the name the people of flybikes gave to the pedals...

But of course, the pedals are a compound of nylon and fiber glass ( I will write it on the main post to clear minds up)

Are these the ones? http://www.evanscycles.com/products/fly-bikes/ruben-graphite-pedal-ec022238

If so not to expensive, they dont look to solid but for the price may turn out to be a good set of pedals, and if its good enough for some of the drops on bmx why not for trials.

Exactly, those are the pedals. Thats what I want to test, if they are a good set of pedals. They are for bmx, and supposed to support grinding on rails with pedals without braking... And they are light.

They're just GRP pedals with a bit of marketing speak thrown in for good measure. But if they turn out to be decent I might be get a pair as they'er pretty damn light... and cheap.

Yer exactually, if they work then they could be something, but i can't be doing with this no pins malarky.

The metal Fly Rubens are really nice pedals - I've had a set on my BMX for the past 2-3 years now and not had any issues. Not heard much about the plastic versions, although I don't really get why you'd necessarily want them on a trials bike. I had to run a set of plastic pedals on my own trials bike back in my "I have no money" days and they were reasonable, but not as good as a 'good' set of pedals. They're nice for pedal grinds, but not really much else...

Must be just me then that thinks £70 for pedals is a bit steep. I guess for the mass...

Oh yea, don't get me wrong, I totally wouldn't drop £70 on a set of pedals generally. I have used a set of those though, and they are pretty damn awesome. This was DJ though, not trials. If you look at other similar spec pedals you'll find them often going for £120.