How Can I Find Out The Weight Of Onza Parts

Hi all.I have an onza comp and would like to make it as light as I can.I have only bought it and so far I have changed the bars and stem.what Ive been looking for with no luck is an onza parts list with weights beside it so for example I can see the weight of my wheels,forks etc without having to strip the bike and weigh everything.this way I can see what parts are most important to change to save weight and what weight I can expect to save with each part I change.I was on the onza website but had no luck,I can get weights of onza parts of a few websites like tarty etc but this is for what I would call better upgraded parts from onza,not the cheap,heavy parts already fitted as standard on the comp.from what I can tell as a newbie to the sport is that the only light part to the comp is the frame.please correct me if im wrong.

thanks in advance

stuart

look on tarty-bikes.co.uk then choose the part you have on your bike and it should say the weight on there (Y)

this.

Tarty weigh their parts (Teehee) and put the weight on the site for them people who wanna be as light as possible, you might get a bit of luck with some of your parts on there

I may be wrong but from what I can see the standard parts on my bike are not on their site, lets be honest,if you had standard onza forks made from lead and you broke them you will probably just replace them with echo urbans or similar.The most important parts (i think) for me to change is the forks,cranks and wheels.But If I can see that by changing the wheels for example will only save me 100g well then I wouldnt part with £200.I know its worth changing the forks as there is a good weight saving for the money pound for pound,but it would be interesting to see with other parts before spending the money.

|f i was you the only think worth changing on it will be the forks, you can save more weight from them then changing other parts, and they are quite cheap to replace.

The rest of the parts in my oppinion arent werth replacing as the weight you would save against the cost is not worth it.

|f i was you the only think worth changing on it will be the forks, you can save more weight from them then changing other parts, and they are quite cheap to replace.

The rest of the parts in my oppinion arent werth replacing as the weight you would save against the cost is not worth it.

thanks Matthew,that really what I was wanting to find out.I got a viz stem and trial tech sport risers on so I think my next buy will be some tryall forks from tarty.

Hi all.I have an onza comp and would like to make it as light as I can.I have only bought it and so far I have changed the bars and stem.what Ive been looking for with no luck is an onza parts list with weights beside it so for example I can see the weight of my wheels,forks etc without having to strip the bike and weigh everything.this way I can see what parts are most important to change to save weight and what weight I can expect to save with each part I change.I was on the onza website but had no luck,I can get weights of onza parts of a few websites like tarty etc but this is for what I would call better upgraded parts from onza,not the cheap,heavy parts already fitted as standard on the comp.from what I can tell as a newbie to the sport is that the only light part to the comp is the frame.please correct me if im wrong.

thanks in advance

stuart

you sound like me to be honest :giggle:

im sure if you send a pm to joe@onza or ring super cycles and ask joe or chris what the parts weigh theyll tell you? or even if you ask them to send the weight of the parts you have in a email itll give them time to find out and email you back?

or you can do what i did and just went on tarty, selected the parts i was gonna buy (rim,cranks,forks,bb,tyres etc) and then found out which was the lightest and ordered the lightest part..... as i new it would definaly be lighter then the onza parts which were on it ;)

a tip.... monty cranks are available seperatly so order them, take off youre bash plate and fit a ring to the cranks

will instantly save you 400g (Y)

but if you have a square taper bb change it to a isis which will save you another 100g or so...

a magura weighs nearly 400g i changed them to dual echo tr's at 190g each ;)

non disc hubs are way more lighter then a disc hub ;)

use selotape instead of rim tape,

get a monty stem, £15, 3rd lightest tarty do, foam grips are £6

bth after i spent loads on my bike, it still weighs 8.3kg :(

depends what youre budget is realy, but onza parts are very heavy compared to others

i could go on but youll probably fall asleep lol :P

Edited by stunt man t

personally if i want to know how much something weighs then i just weigh it :D

but that would take longer and more effort then to click a few buttons on a pc,

think its called google :P

plus some parts you need special tools most people dont have (headset rocket for example) and even if you have... it would be a waist of time taking it out, weighing it, then putting it back in?

Step one, man up and ride it. :rolleyes:

Mine's fondling the other side of 12kg, gives me an excuse for being shit.

Step two, gettin better on this bike with all its drawbacks will mean after you've saved all the money you would have spent on parts you can upgrade the whole thing and you'll be way better due to the experience gained on the heavier bike.

Step one, man up and ride it. :rolleyes:

Mine's fondling the other side of 12kg, gives me an excuse for being shit.

Step two, gettin better on this bike with all its drawbacks will mean after you've saved all the money you would have spent on parts you can upgrade the whole thing and you'll be way better due to the experience gained on the heavier bike.

to be honest when i was saving up for a bike, i was looking on tarty for light full builds, but every bike on there hasnt got light parts,

take the silver sky... sure its the lightest on there but none of the parts it comes with are the lightest available so youll have to change them anyway ;):Plol

to be honest when i was saving up for a bike, i was looking on tarty for light full builds, but every bike on there hasnt got light parts,

take the silver sky... sure its the lightest on there but none of the parts it comes with are the lightest available so youll have to change them anyway ;):Plol

Ive just been on and put together the lightest mod i could from tarty bikes, it came to 7.5kg and cost a stupid amount of money.

Am gonna weigh my mod and see what it weighs am guessing around the 9 to 10kg mark.

Edited by matthew_coggan