Double Disk.

mods

Im currently running dual disk on my mod. Ive done some searching and the general thought seems to be that this is the best thing since sliced bread. I find that when i back wheel a wall, if havent made it properly my brake will slip causing me to have no chance of recovery. I never had this with my hs 33. I personally find this a massive draw back.

Also its put me off riding rocks etc as this would cause serious injury on them if i had slippage. Has anybody else had this problem or is it just me?

I may try some new pads and a new rotor. So are there any preferences on these also.

Cheers in advance.

Edited by mods

Im currently running dual disk on my mod. Ive done some searching and the general thought seems to be that this is the best thing since sliced bread. I find that when i back wheel a wall, if havent made it properly my brake will slip causing me to have no chance of recovery. I never had this with my hs 33. I personally find this a massive draw back.

Also its put me off riding rocks etc as this would cause serious injury on them if i had slippage. Has anybody else had this problem or is it just me?

I may try some new pads and a new rotor. So are there any preferences on these also.

Cheers in advance.

if you set it up right , it wont happen :)

if you set it up right , it wont happen :)

I've cleaned my disk.. with water and mud.. which is apparently the very best thing. Set it up to perfection as well. My last effort will be a new rotor and pads. Im running mono trials as well. I was expecting unparalelled performance and its not. In fact id go as far as to say my hs 33 with blue rock pads was better.

maybe it's not the brake/pads/rotor, its your wheel position? if the pad doesn't contact the rotor enough the performance sucks, i'm assuming you've got horizontal drop outs, if thats the case, slide your wheel forward more so theres more contact with the pads, then make a spoke tentioner and be happy....

maybe it's not the brake/pads/rotor, its your wheel position? if the pad doesn't contact the rotor enough the performance sucks, i'm assuming you've got horizontal drop outs, if thats the case, slide your wheel forward more so theres more contact with the pads, then make a spoke tentioner and be happy....

but then he would be worrying about chain wrap on the rear sprocket, if this is mod were on about..

You need to land on top of the object.

well i was trying to land on the front face just to spice it up.. maybe this is my problem. :huh:

I think i will try the new pads and rotor. It's cheaper than a new frame and rear brake.

Interesting to hear other people have had the same problem. I think if the pads and rotor dont sort it i will be changing :(

I had a visually shit setup on my hydroxx. It wasnt perfect, but it was pretty damn bomber after a while!

Its definitly your setup. You'd know about it if it was working well, and would eagerly jump on the DD bandwagon.

I've just bought a gusset disk and new pads. Hope this helps. I'll spend some time getting the back wheel in the right place too. I think i'll just bed in with water, dont really want mud on my new disk, even though hope specify this to be the best way.

I've just bought a gusset disk and new pads. Hope this helps. I'll spend some time getting the back wheel in the right place too. I think i'll just bed in with water, dont really want mud on my new disk, even though hope specify this to be the best way.

:blink:

Just do it...works well.

I agree with Alex.... If you don't listen to what Hope recommend then complain your brake is sh*t you're a retard...

I agree with Alex.... If you don't listen to what Hope recommend then complain your brake is sh*t you're a retard...

:lol: fair do's. I'll do it at the weekend and tell you whether or not the brake has improved. Cheers for the help.

tentioner looks sweet. But im going to give the new pads and disk a try. Should be fine failing that im going to get my disk faced. I dont really see pushing the wheel forward helping as the pads are central of the disk anyway. Cheers for advice though. If all this fails i'll buy a hs33 frame, id rather stick to DD though, i have faith they can be better >_<

Apparently not, it made improvements to my brake, hope specifically reccomended this. I have to say it did make a vast improvement. I did however not enjoy cleaning my white rim tape (N)

The grit in the mud takes out some contmination. Then when the mud drys it holds some contamination and when the brake is used this flakes off taking it with it. They did say if the contamination has 'gone through' the pad then the water mud/mud mix would not be of any benifit.