Bucky Lasek Classic Helmets

Luke Rainbird

Word to your mothers.

I've been looking around for one of these Protecs for a while and they're nigh on impossible to find in the UK due to safety laws so can't be sold as a 'helmet' just as a 'hard hat' or similar, so it looks like I'm going to order one from the states.

Before I do so, two things:

• Does anyone know of anywhere over here that does them? It'll cost me around £20 in shipping to get one sent over.
  • If not I shall be ordering from here, would anybody else who's in need fancy ordering together to save a bit of postage?

No worries if the answer's no to both of these I'll order one anyway but if anyone can help/it helps anyone, awesome!

Peas.

bucky_classic.jpg

• Like 1

It doesn't have the full high density polystyrene inner badger, so because they decided to arbitrarily change the laws, it became illegal despite having a proven history as one of - if not the best - skate-style helmet ever made.

I shall check the size of my noggin and get some monies to you Luke, guessing its only in that colour?

They do them in the translucent blue (pretty slick) and trans green (pretty bogey) too, loads of stuff on the site - if you want anything from the let me know dude

For reference, my head is bang on 57cm which should be a large, but fits easily into Rowan's old Med with no worries whatsoever (Y)

• Like 1

They do them in the translucent blue (pretty slick) and trans green (pretty bogey) too, loads of stuff on the site - if you want anything from the let me know dude

For reference, my head is bang on 57cm which should be a large, but fits easily into Rowan's old Med with no worries whatsoever (Y)

I'm loving that Translucent blue, especially if i can find some paint to match... mine came out as a 55-56cm, mine felt a lil loose in Rowans lid when we tried it on.

I dont know how people have so much trouble finding them. Get one off an ebay shop, I got mine from America for under £40 posted theres always some on there, i looked the other day for a mate of mine.

Yeah 46 pounds is the cheapest i can find posted on ebay.... bit steep.

Tru that, individually it's getaroundable but if 5 or 6 of us go at once it could crop up...

At £45 or so to buy each it's not too terrible anyway, considering the helmet should last a good few years unless your face has some kind of magnetic attraction to the ground or you have lemming like tendencies. Most people pay more than that for an XC helmet that provides less protection and looks a little homo!

• Like 1

Ok, so what's so good about these compared to any othe pisspot? Is it just a bit smaller and lighter due to the lack of polystyrene shock absorption layer? Or is it like drugs in that they're only cool 'cos they're illegal?!

I was wondering that, are they just another type of piss pot? Bulky? Feel quite heavy on your head? OR are we talking some magical feel of a giro with the slightly cooler looking bmx thing

Compared to any other pisspot they're not hugely better per se, but if I can get my mitts on one I'll be happy. They're a little lighter due to the lack of poly layer, the fit's much nicer than a lot of the stuff on the market (comparing it to the B2 which is supposedly Protec's 'replacement' for this is just silly) as they wrap around a tad more than most and fit a little closer for less mushroom. That and the fact they're just generally pimp, win.

For more pacey stuff, street/parkyness I'd take a pisspot over an XC lid every time, with this being the one I'd like for the best fit. If it cost me an extra tenner, shit happens - £45 on a helmet after spending hundreds on a bike is nothing (Y)

• Like 1