What A Lighter Bike

What bike is it and what's the spec?

Cut head tube out , if its got a bash plate cut mounts off , cut hose guilds off , single wall your rims and drill bigger holes , drill bash ring , shave tyres then get lighter parts etcc

Edited by Nick Melson

its an ADAMANT A3 echo urban wheels echo cranks echo bars, forks and stem. getting monty tyres. bb5 front maggie rear. bout it i think.

i was going to try to single wall the rims, how do i go about doing that?

Single wall the front rim at least...change tubes to lightish ones ( think Tesco ). Cut a headtube slot and bash mounts are both do able with a grinder and file to neaten...then trim every other knobble off the monty's when you get them too :) Changing to try-all cranks will save you 100g too.

If you changed to say a t-pro frame that's 300g straight away...

Grinder to cut the inner wall out...then file the burs back, then a heavy sandpaper to finish ( 60-80 grit ).

Single walling an echo urban rim is not that easy realy, I have single walled a rear one before, and the profile of them has 4 small walls between the sidewalls, meaning if you cur between the inner 2 you are only realy removing strip around 10-12mm wide, You would need to use a thick grinding disc to take out the 2 innner most walls so that you can take out a strip thats 20-25mm thick, so yeh, not realy very easy!!

Adam

Onza pro diamond rims are soo light, are they any good cus they seems quite cheap and the lightest rims going nearly 200g lighter than my urbans :blink:

Massive weight saving to be had there.

Sorry feel im stealing your thread a bit. All reletive though :)