Eno Freewheel

scotty007

I have an eno freewheel which i cant get my head around. When its on the cranks arms ( Echo ) and i pedal forward instead of ingaging the whole thing

ratchets forward. I pedal back wards and it ingages. Its like its been taken apart and the pawls and spring have been put in back to front. Is this posiable on the white industries freewheel. Any help would be great before i pull it apart thanks guys !!

Edited by scotty007

I was second had and it might of been serviced by someone with half a brain and they put the pawl and springs in the wrong way around. Out to the shed i go . So the ansewr to my question: Can they be put in back to front ! its a yes say the forum !!

Make sure that there are three long and three short pawls in the freewheel and that every second pawl is a long one. Rearranging the freewheel as described could be a very effective way to unscrew the freewheel from the crank without a freewheel tool too. Provided you get the tensioner out of the way or have horizontal dropouts...