Pretty Cool Brake Clamps And Booster Idea

crispyboy

Extra bolts add weight. Why would you go for something like this, when you have supper stiff and light tnn clamp-booster. Might be a litle cheaper though.

you sound like a weight weenie, here's my top tip:

before a ride take a shit/piss

• Like 1

Extra bolts add weight. Why would you go for something like this, when you have supper stiff and light tnn clamp-booster. Might be a litle cheaper though.

I've never liked the idea of the TNN set up, a two bolt booster mounted to the top mounts leaving the other two free. I know its going to add some stiffness, but surely this set up would be more efficient?

I agree with the comment on it being too high, the booster needs to be as close to the pivot/bending moment as possible.

Edited by Trials Punk

HaHa or go to the gym

lol, i've heard to many people being overly conscious about weight the average bolt wieghs bout a gram so why bother,

do they remove the insoles from trainers to make runners faster by shaving weight no, the only things weight should be thought about is on frame, forks, cranks and wheels everything else is just not worth caring about

a prime example is titanium bolts as i was in the pub one day i over heard an xc rider say " well i've shaved off ten grams to my bikes" so i told him i shaved a kilo off "how?" he asked,

easy i took a dump!

Hey, this booster is great, it has being designed and produced by: www.racingtrials.es

The booster has been tested by some riders and they say it is a great booster.

The really good point it has, is that you can set up your hs33 perfectly without the booster, and when you´ve set it up, and it is perfect, then you add the booster.

Also is really light, and the clamps do not need the plastic rings, so it is a REALLY stiff system, and surely it worths it (includes clamps and booster).

You can buy it in the manufacturer´s site, or in trialprod, or in biketrialshop: http://www.biketrialshop.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16&products_id=59

I can see the idea but I think if its not broke dont fix it.

If everyone had that attitude, nothing would ever progress would it?

Theres nothing better than a company taking a new direction in something, designing something in a way in which no one else has yet. Even if it does not work and ends up a failure, its been tried and people can progress again.

EDIT:

Oh yes, for all you weight weenies woried about a gram or two.

The weight of this system with a tradtional 4 bolt system would be similar. The bolts on the 4 bolt mounts are shorter than a conventional booster would be, plus you don't have any of the bolt spacers you normally would have with a 4 bolt booster. ;)

Edited by Trials Punk

you sound like a weight weenie, here's my top tip:

before a ride take a shit/piss

That was very polite of you. You are still a newbie, so better shut your mouth boy and keep you fingers of the keyboard!

Edited by 3dd

That was very polite of you. You are still a newbie, so better shut your mouth boy and keep you fingers of the keyboard!

is says newbie because i'm new to the forum, dumbass an they are age old word spoken by motor-cyclists before me so you best get a brain cell an work out that if you can lift a couple of extra 1/2 grams then you are infact the pussy, i used to ride trials on full chromoly bikes that would suited a scrap yard better than my garage, man up it's a pitiful amount of weight to moan

Edited by Tux07

If everyone had that attitude, nothing would ever progress would it?

Theres nothing better than a company taking a new direction in something, designing something in a way in which no one else has yet. Even if it does not work and ends up a failure, its been tried and people can progress again.

EDIT:

Oh yes, for all you weight weenies woried about a gram or two.

The weight of this system with a tradtional 4 bolt system would be similar. The bolts on the 4 bolt mounts are shorter than a conventional booster would be, plus you don't have any of the bolt spacers you normally would have with a 4 bolt booster. ;)

Those two bolts probably weigh less than the longer bolts and spacers you use on a normal booster you dick'ed