Crank Spacers?

peggysue

can you buy little spacers that fit over isis bb axles to space the crank arm out just a little more ?

my left crank arm is about 2mm from touching the magura slave cilinder when it rotates ... im ordering some new heatsink pads soon and i know how fat the material and cnc backings are , and i know that once fitted the cranks going to hit the magura slave , its needs spacing out about 2mm more ... , some would say if there are spacers , that it would not do the crank and bb strength anygood but i dont have another choice ...

Grind a bit off the back of the crank arm??

did think that but not going too.... :(

infact i thought i mention the drive side crank arm ... there is about 10 mm clearance on that side ... my bb shell is 68mm and i have a truativ 128mm bb , which im using the spacer on the drive side cup ... it seems to un even ! 2mm non drive side and 10 mm drive side ...

how come? i take it i cant take the spacer off the bb cup ? or is that just if you have a 73mm frame shell ?

I'd ditch the spacer under the drive side BB cup. BB spacers are 2.5mm thick usually, so it'll change the crank spacing to 7.5mm on the drive side and 4.5mm on the non-drive side... You may still need to cut the barke pads down to fit them though.

I'd ditch the spacer under the drive side BB cup. BB spacers are 2.5mm thick usually, so it'll change the crank spacing to 7.5mm on the drive side and 4.5mm on the non-drive side... You may still need to cut the barke pads down to fit them though.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh........did cross my mind , so it does not affect the tightening up of the bb if i lose the spacer on the cup? i was convinced you HAD to use the spacer if my frame has a 68mm shell.....

would even things up nicely if i can take it out :rolleyes:

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh........did cross my mind , so it does not affect the tightening up of the bb if i lose the spacer on the cup? i was convinced you HAD to use the spacer if my frame has a 68mm shell.....

would even things up nicely if i can take it out :rolleyes:

Unless there aren't enough threads in the non drive side for the BB the thread into or the drive side threads aren't deep enough it'll be fine. Adding spacers on the BB axle for the cranks is pretty much guaranteed to chew the splines off your cranks as ISIS spline cranks are designed to fit on one position only on the BB. Make sure you still have a decent chainline too (Though I doubt 2.5mm will make that big a difference to you unless the chainline is already quite far out).

Edited by psycholist

does anyone know how well the echo slaves work with a magura lever ? pretty much the same ?

and how much extra clearance you actually get using the echo slaves ?

im led to belive its the echo levers that are prone to leaking and not the slaves :huh:

does anyone know how well the echo slaves work with a magura lever ? pretty much the same ?

im led to belive its the echo levers that are prone to leaking and not the slaves :huh:

i dont know if they would work with the magura lever.... but i do know that they have more than 2mm extra clearance

its the reason i ran echo slaves!!!!! ran them on that frame onwards