6 Speed Chain Advice

Riley1

I'm building a new stock for the summer and have a Hope Pro 2 Trials on the rear.

I've decided to run a 6 speed cassette as it's a bit of a trek to get anywhere from my house so the extra couple of lower gears will really help.

My question is can anyone recommend a decent chain that can be used with 6 speed cassette?

Had a quick look on Tarty and none seem compatible >_<

Cheers

Edited by Riley1

It depends what spacing you'll be running on your cassette - 8 speed spacing or 9 speed spacing?

If you are planning to run 6 gears you'll need 9 speed spacing, which would need a specific 9 speed cassette. I would recommend 5 speed or less, then you can run a good chain like Trialtech Lite Z610.

It depends what spacing you'll be running on your cassette - 8 speed spacing or 9 speed spacing?

If you are planning to run 6 gears you'll need 9 speed spacing, which would need a specific 9 speed cassette. I would recommend 5 speed or less, then you can run a good chain like Trialtech Lite Z610.

I'm not sure actually, never ran a 6 speed before.

It's a HG70 if that helps?

If not I'll try and find out what the spacing is and get back to you.

Cheers

Could be 8 or 9 speed depending on the age... Are the sprockets all separate or on a carrier?

Just ordered it today so haven't actually recieved it yet, sorry for being a it vague.

I'll try to find that out as well.

Link? Should be able to tell easily from that (Y)

This is the link but only shows a picture of the 8 speed version so probably not much help :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-ROAD-BIKE-CASSETTE-6-Speed-21T-13T-Shimano-HG70-/200464515253?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2eac9dc0b5

I did call the chap and he's not sure what spacing it has but did say that it is all one block.

Edited by Riley1