Eno And Bb Help

Nick Melson

Basically i bought a trialtech 128mm isis bb from tarty about two weeks ago , bought some cranks of Adrian j [excellent service] echo forged isis cranks with trialtech twin bash ring and a eno.

Problem is when i put the crank on the bb its quite rubs on the bb [ were u put the tool in ] and when i put the crank bolt in and tighten it up i cant move the crank.

Rang tarty and they said either buy a new bb [just bought new bb so cant afford a new one] or i could grind a tiny bit of material of the tabs [ dont really want todo that as its brand new etc..]

Any help at all would be epic.

Can get pics of video if anyone wants.

Edit: pic , the pic is when the crank is push on by hand not done up

4563187750_8e273c6c00_b.jpg

Edited by Nick Melson

Use a crank spacer? To move your crank further out away from the BB?

That means the crank isn't tight on the BB though, so it will wreck the crank splines.

It's an unfortunate incompatibility issue, with the main 'culprit' as the freewheel, as it's the most non-standard of those parts :(

That means the crank isn't tight on the BB though, so it will wreck the crank splines.

It's an unfortunate incompatibility issue, with the main 'culprit' as the freewheel, as it's the most non-standard of those parts :(

:( ahh man i cant even run it with out the bash ring as i have no bash plate >_<

So basically ill have to go back to my old freewheel? (N)

No sorry, but if you have an old gripshift gear changer thing, then take it apart, and there is a silver ring in there that works perfectly, then just file it to size or whatever, works for me.

Alex.

Just demolished my mums gear shifter to find that its wayy to big (N)

You could remove some material in the centre of your bashring to make it thinner in the middle, this means it will sit further over the cranks and thus, bring your freewheel in a bit.

I had to do it when I put my bashring on, because it did the same thing for me

yeah i could but i haven't got a tool to the the freewheel off and i dont wonna have to splash out 8quid for a tool just to get it of when it might not work :(

Edited by Nick Melson

yeah i could but i haven't got a tool to the the freewheel off and i dont wonna have to splash out 8quid for a tool just to get it of when it might not work :(

I don't know anything about the eno so I guess I can't try to say it will work :(

I was using a shimano (lol) freewheel which had claws like it and it worked for me, but maybe the eno is wider and mauling your bashring won't be enough

Good luck finding another solution!

I don't know anything about the eno so I guess I can't try to say it will work :(

I was using a shimano (lol) freewheel which had claws like it and it worked for me, but maybe the eno is wider and mauling your bashring won't be enough

Good luck finding another solution!

Yeah the enos are abit wider than normal freewheels :( so not sure if it would work =/

You dont need a tool have a look at this

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/media.php?group=guides&id=1

hope you can get it sorted.

Edited by matthew_coggan